Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2020 9:58:12 AM EDT
Just got off the phone with Nikon.  They didn't respond to my email so I called.  They said that "prior to September of last year it was lifetime on the scope, 1yr on electronics.....from then on, 7yrs on the scope, 1yr on electronics."  What happens if I lost the receipt?....   What he kept saying was that, they couldn't put it in print but they would make every effort to make sure the customer is satisfied which could include fixing the scope, a voucher for the website and then a credit toward another manufacturer's scope.  He really kept repeating that he's never heard of anyone dissatisfied with the results of a case/claim.  

Just wanted to share but from what I'm seeing about people raving about Nikon's customer service, I'm leaning toward buying one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#2]
LGS shipped two scopes in for customer warranty a few weeks ago after confirming repairs were available.  Nikon returned a credit for Nikon products minus a Promo fee and kept the scopes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:06:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PhilipPeake] [#3]
I know that they are very picky for cameras and lenses. Paranoid about "gray imports", they want to protect their huge profit margin on US sales. They check serial numbers to ensure it is a series that was sold in the US. They want you to register your purchase, but will not accept that online registration for warranty purposes, they want a receipt.

Even worse, I bought a lens as a Christmas present, it was on sale at a significant discount a few months before, so I bought it then.
Upon opening it at Christmas, discovered that the warranty required both online registration and the receipt. However, the online registration had to be made within 60 days of the date of purchase. By then, it was too late, of course. You could always lie to get the online registration accepted, but then the date would not match the receipt.

Nikon US management are assholes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Making me lean a little less.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Used to be no questions asked. Same as s Leupold.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:49:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Another-Bill] [#6]
I had a Nikon Black Monarch 2.5-10x44, made in Japan, that I bought used off the EE here, I paid $200 for it.

In February I saw a close out at Europtics for a Nikon optics and bought a Nikon Black FX1000 4-16x50 for $489.95 for my CZ457 Varmint.

After I got it I decided the windage turret was a tad stiffer than the elevation so I sent it in for repair (actually cleaning).
I fully expected to pay as I had no receipt, no idea where it was bought etc etc. A week later I get an email telling its covered under the Lifetime warranty, cool. Then I get an email telling me it wasn't economically feasible to fix it and I got a Nikon voucher for $1,385.00 to use on their web store.

Now, most of their high end scopes were sold out so I got their most expensive binos, $995, and sold them quickly on eBay and bought another 4-16 from Europtic but with the illuminated reticle and had money to spare.

BTW, the scopes are made in the Philippines, not China.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I also purchased a FX Black 4-16 Illuminated model. While I like the scope, the illumination dial is already malfunctioning. Mind you I have it mounted on a CZ 457 in .22lr.

Guess I shall call them and see what the options are. Hell. If they are willing to give me full credit to buy another brand's Scope I'd be all over that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top