Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2014 7:22:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steelcomp]
This is my 1000 yd rifle.
This is near a 5 year project finally nearing completion. It started out as a very low round count M995 TRG-S. Only thing left that's Sako is the receiver, bolt and trigger. I wanted a really accurate long range rifle that was a little different than the standard Remington 700/Winchester 70/Ruger 77 et all. The last "difficult" step was machining a scope mount and drilling and tapping the receiver which I finally did yesterday. All that's left to do is have the mount anno'd hard black and I'm finally finished!!
The build list goes like this:
Sako M995 7mm Rem mag
Factory trigger
Bartline #9 heavy varmint contour, gain twist 1:9-1/4 to 1:9,  5R stainless, melonited.
Custom match chamber reamer form PTG
Tubbs heavy (Remington style) recoil lug
Manners T5A stock w/ custom inlet for the M995
Bottom metal from McMillan
Relieved for the recoil lug mod and pillar bedded.
Custom paint by Manners
Barrel turned and fitted by MT Guns in CA
Cerakote finish work, engraving and some gunsmith "adjustments" by Campfeld Customs
Home made stainless bolt knob
Home made picatinny scope  mount
Steiner Military 5-25 x 56
TPS steel rings

If anyone is interested, I have quite a few pics of the build and would be happy to go though it in detail but here's how it's looking now. Scop is just set in place for the pic. Probably move the front ring forward a notch or two:

" />

So far shoots pretty much one hole at 200 yds. with a different scope and factory mounts. Really looking forward to stretching it's legs and doing some load development. Only has 18 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:42:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!  My wife's uncle swears by the 7mm rem mag.  No matter what your goals are his answer for the caliber you want is 7mm rem mag  It's capable of much more than 1000 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top