Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2022 5:30:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms]
We have been working on a new semi auto rifle built for accuracy.

Our rifle below is the R2000, it uses AR15 barrels, bolts, trigger groups and mags for a lot of off the shelf customization.  The upper receiver is also the serialized part on this rifle and is built extremely heavy compared to any other AR upper.  We still have a ways to go, but its getting closer to production.

We moved the bipod to the top front and it seems to add a lot to the stability.  So far we have done limited accuracy testing and its showing to be very accurate.

This is our first mock up, will get more pics up soon of the test mule. Not easy loading pics
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. Flush fit mags? AR pattern? Where y’all out of? I’d be game on putting hands on it if you’ll let me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Super cool.

Definitely managed to pull off the WA2000 vibe
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:
Super cool.

Definitely managed to pull off the WA2000 vibe
View Quote

The Holy Grail

Looking good thus far!
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#4]
Originally Posted By gsd1983:
Interesting. Flush fit mags? AR pattern? Where y’all out of? I’d be game on putting hands on it if you’ll let me.
View Quote

We are in the Denton and Houston areas. Were itching to do some long range testing on it. Unbelibably we are using a Bear Creek barrel and bolt with a Rock River 7lb trigger and getting really good accuracy just half assing it-mostly cycle testing. We are using General Dynamics and Remington 223 for testing and its all printing super tight.

The mags are AR pattern. Our mag well is shorter though so no real flush fit for us. However we may try to find a flush fit (non AR mag) so we can export to Canada, Europe and Cali.

Thanks on the WA reference, for sure what we were after.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice! I’m in San Antonio however I’m over to Houston about every 6 weeks for work.

If you have adaptability in the magwell you might be able to swing an internal or detachable box mag similar to the R700, that might get you into the export markets.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to be able to find R700 mags, but I am not having any luck in .223, its like the vaporized or my search is weak.

Savage has them but I am not sure if it will work with the AR bolt or our space we have available.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 3:58:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#7]
Subscribing! Already have mine reserved

Wish I'd known y'all were in Denton before I left on this deployment. I just moved a bit north of you.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this one!

ETA: Which bipod is that?
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 5:12:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to see a list and pictures of exactly what it includes.   It's not real clear.  It seems like a stripped upper, stripped lower, and a chassis minus buffering, from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:36:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#10]
That bipod attachment method contradicts everything I've ever heard about the benefit of a free-floated barrel.

Or does this not touch the barrel at all?  Hard to tell from that pic.

Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:30:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#11]
That pic is a mix of rapid prototype plastic parts, with real AR and wood parts. Pic of the actual unit should be up later today.

The front block does not touch the barrel, there is around a 1/8" gap around the barrel. There is a bit of flex in the forward part of the rail. Its bolted to the receiver pretty darn good so no flex where the scope is.

This rifle begs for a side adjusting gas block.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RhinelandArms:
That pic is a mix of rapid prototype plastic parts, with real AR and wood parts. Pic of the actual unit should be up later today.

The front block does not touch the barrel, there is around a 1/8" gap around the barrel. There is a bit of flex in the forward part of the rail. Its bolted to the receiver pretty darn good so no flex where the scope is.

This rifle begs for a side adjusting gas block.
View Quote

Thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 1:48:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skg_Mre_Lght] [#13]
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#15]
We are thinking of making some without the thumb hole but a shelf, this gets us into cali.

On the LOP, it is currently adjustable from 13.25 to 14", due to the construction its super easy to make it even longer or add other things to the rear.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 5:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#17]
I'll ask again.  As I understand it, this is not a functional rifle you are/will be selling, but a collection of some of the parts one might use in making a rifle.  True or false?

I'd like to see a list and pictures of exactly what is included for the price.   It's not real clear.  It seems to me, from the descriptions I've read on your site, that it's a stripped upper, stripped lower, and a chassis minus buffering.   Can you clarify that?

Also, the previous questions about the massively cantilevered (3:1, maybe 4:1) rail and the bipod mount - so is the bottom part of the ring that surrounds the muzzle area attached to the wood below it for support?  Is that area wood only, or does it have metal chassis supporting it?
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 7:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#18]
Originally Posted By brian1:
I'll ask again.  As I understand it, this is not a functional rifle you are/will be selling, but a collection of some of the parts one might use in making a rifle.  True or false?

I'd like to see a list and pictures of exactly what is included for the price.   It's not real clear.  It seems to me, from the descriptions I've read on your site, that it's a stripped upper, stripped lower, and a chassis minus buffering.   Can you clarify that?

Also, the previous questions about the massively cantilevered (3:1, maybe 4:1) rail and the bipod mount - so is the bottom part of the ring that surrounds the muzzle area attached to the wood below it for support?  Is that area wood only, or does it have metal chassis supporting it?
View Quote

This is for sure an odd one, and best we can tell first of its kind.  It is a collection of parts, very much like an AR upper, lower, HG and rear stock package.  Once we get pics up it will be a easier to see.  

The customer will need to supply the barrel, bolt, trigger group and mag. However we may build a couple specialty ones, as we most likely have to for export anyways.

The bottom front portion is solid walnut, no metal in there. We thought about it, but were fighting weight. We highly suspect there maybe another company already making plans for aftermarket parts for different front ends and wood options.

Here is one in near production trim, wood and some metal parts are not finished.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#19]
We have been getting questions on the receiver and the right side of the rifle.

Here is the receiver without the anodization. This is the serialized part, with the info on the right side. We do have to use a bolt with a cocking handle on it. There is a patent on the left side cocking handle. Everything attaches to this part.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#20]
What barrel length are you guys using in the prototype?

Mine is ordered, I need to start shopping for parts
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

View Quote

We are using 16" barrels. The ones we have tested so far are the Bear Creek 223 wylde bull barrels and we get really good accuracy out of those, but they weight a lot.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#22]

We are using 16" barrels. The ones we have tested so far are the Bear Creek 223 wylde bull barrels and we get really good accuracy out of those, but they weight a lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

Thanks! I'm looking at Criterion since I've had excellent results with a 20" Wylde I have.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Bear Creek barrels and Remington ammunition.

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:40:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#24]
Originally Posted By Molon:
Bear Creek barrels and Remington ammunition.

View Quote

Ya, we  were surprised too and dont forget the 7lb trigger
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top