Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2019 12:37:33 AM EDT
I’ve been trying to dial this rifle in the last few days and I’d like to know how I compare to other AR10 style 308 shooters.  Specs: Aero M5 upper/lower, BCG, hand guard and buffer. UBR stock.  Krieger 20” M110 profile, 1/11 twist 308.  LaRue trigger.  Viper 2-25 scope with a Nightforce Mount. I reload and I’ve been testing various loads with SMK 168 and 175 bullets.  All my shots are off a bench at 100 yards.  New barrel has 120 rounds through it.  As you can see my best groups are with factory Federal GMM at just over 3/4”.  My goal is 1/2”.  I need to improve my shooting position with an adjustable stool and I need to modify my bench so I can load the bipod easier.  Tell me how your 308 AR10 style rife groups.  I’m slightly disappointed now but I’m determined to make my goal

Hand loads .85”
Attachment Attached File

Federal GMM .79”
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#1]
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
I wouldn't be disappointed at all... That barrel will only continue to shoot better as the round count increases.

And considering it is a 308... those are very respectable groups.

I tend to fire at least 5 throw away rounds between the different loads.

Also... how is the upper to lower fit ? Nice and snug ?.... if there is any wobble, consider at least a Accu Wedge.. cheap, and given your precision so far, IMHO worth seeing if it shrinks the groups even slightly.
View Quote
No wobble with the upper/lower.  After thinking on this I decided I needed to fix my bench so I can load the bipod and take care of some other issues that were throwing me off.  It’s cold and foggy today so I’ll stay inside and load some match ammo for the next try.  As shown, the gun is certainly capable of 3/4moa, I just need to work on my fundamentals
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top