Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2018 1:34:06 PM EDT
Just as the subject says my son has one of these and it's not a great gun IMO.   It shoots accurate enough but the bolt release lever has broken and now you can just pull the bolt straight out when ejecting a round.    Any tips on how to repair this piece?

I have a new one ordered so was seeking some advice and experience.   It also does the magazine/bolt stick which is annoying so I'll try that fix next once done with this.

Thanks in advance.

-P
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well.....never mind guys.   It's amazing what you can learn just reading the manual....

3 Allen screws on the bottom, lift from the stock, and one Allen screw holding on the bolt release spring.  Too easy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I know this is old, but several people have these rifles, all are suffering from the same problem.  Unfortunately, these rifles are made of poor quality.  Follow these simple steps to correct your problems with both a sloppy, sticking bolt & a weak bolt stop.

1.  Open the bolt and remove live round
2.  Using a hacksaw / bandsaw, cut rifle into several pieces *.
3.  Dispose of cut pieces in trash.
4.  Purchase any rifle chambered in round you removed in step 1 (other than Remington brand)
5.  Open bolt of replacement rifle and insert above live round.

This simple procedure will solve ALL of the problems you are probably experiencing with your 770.

*  Purpose of cutting into pieces is to prevent uneducated person from retrieving rifle from trash, and ultimately suffering same disheartened results as you are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top