Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2018 4:12:08 PM EDT
Long story short is that I bought a lightly-used MK13 Mod 5 from an aquaintance on the other side of the country.  I received the rifle and went to throw my suppressor on it and it doesn’t fit.  There are basically two issues.

1).  The fit is really tight; I imagine a little bit might have to be shaved off the circumference of the barrel.  Maybe not.

2).  The locking points/slots are just a little bit too far from the muzzle.  I can’t get the can all the way onto the barrel, because the muzzle hits the first baffle of the suppressor before I can get it locked into place.

I’ve emailed Alan Brown, who built the gun.  Outside of calling him on the phone, I doubt I’m going to hear back.  He’s backordered like 9 months and I’m not sure when he could slot this into his schedule.  I’m not prepared to wait that long to get this fixed.  I emailed Kevin at HCS and though they don’t have anything to do with these builds anymore, he advised that it’s apparently not a difficult fix.

I can post pictures later.

Does anyone have a smith in mind that could do this, preferably in Florida?  Doesn’t have to be here, but would certainly make it easier.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
what is the distance from the muzzle to the machined journals?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 1:11:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Spectre31337:
what is the distance from the muzzle to the machined journals?
View Quote
Measured to what part of the journal?  The muzzle edge, the middle, or the chamber edge?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
ADCO Firearms
Sylvania, OH.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]
No mechanical advice on the forums is going to help. You need to find a gunsmith close by that's comfortable doing the work.
I do this kind of work but  have never worked on a project like your set-up

You said something strange. The muzzle hits the blast baffle. Unless I'm missing something, which very well may be the case, the muzzle will never come close to the blast baffle

Regardless, you need a competent gunsmith that has some good equipment.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I do a bunch of MK12's, but I'm not setup to do a MK13

Really shouldn't be too hard of a job to take a thousandth or so off the OD and shorten the muzzle to allow the can to slide further toward the action.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Call Jeff at rivers bend gun Co. He's always booked awhile out but good work takes time. He's who built my entire mk13 mod 0.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top