Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2019 4:07:26 PM EDT
I have a Konus 80 spotting scope that has been a solid spotting scope at shorter ranges for several years.

It's nowhere near the expensive end of spotting scopes, but I'd like to give it a decent padded case for protection.

Currently I go pretty ghetto by wrapping bubble wrap around the scope and stuffing it inside the cheapo nylon case included with the scope.  This nylon case is starting to come apart, so even my very jerry-rigged scope case won't last for much longer.

I did a Google search and came up with two possible options:

Champion's Choice 80-82mm Deluxe Padded Scope Cover , an inexpensive option at $40

or

Creedmoor Sports Custom Scope Cover , more expensive at $60, but available in more color options

I have no experience with either vendor.  Any firsthand experience with either scope cover or shop?  Anything else I should look at?  Considering this is a $200ish spotting scope, my limit for a cover is around $75
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Will a vortex razor 2 scope cover fit it?

This is for the viper...My buddy got one of the first of the new razors(same as mine) and his had this case..mine I bought a year later and it has the neoprene..we both like the neoprene better...
https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-viper-hd-80mm-black-padded-case.html

And this is what my razor has on it..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
Will a vortex razor 2 scope cover fit it?

This is for the viper...My buddy got one of the first of the new razors(same as mine) and his had this case..mine I bought a year later and it has the neoprene..we both like the neoprene better...
https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-viper-hd-80mm-black-padded-case.html

And this is what my razor has on it..
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404934/dlQq8bQmT1C91HLwx5Ox8Q_jpg-1132941.JPG
View Quote
It might fit.  I'm guessing most 80mm-ish spotting scopes are similar in form factor.  I'll add it to the list of considerations.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

It might fit.  I'm guessing most 80mm-ish spotting scopes are similar in form factor.  I'll add it to the list of considerations.
View Quote
Yep I would think so, but I can measure my foam fit one, and if it works for you then either one will fit..they do make a straight eyepiece neoprene one as well as the angled..the viper will fit either...
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Here OP...You might also take a look over at Triad Tactical..they always have trick shit at good prices...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
Here OP...You might also take a look over at Triad Tactical..they always have trick shit at good prices...
View Quote
Thanks very much for the measurements.  And great suggestion on Triad.  I have stock packs and bags from them that I love, I should have thought of those guys first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top