Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/23/2021 10:32:22 PM EDT
So my plan is to try a NRL22 competition in the next couple of months.
Since my gun isn't made anymore and really it is a put together ar22 I don't qualify for base class.

I have been looking at 2 different optics to put on it.
Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP 6-24x50
or
Bushnell's MATCH PRO 6-24X50

MSRP is 499 and 450 respectively.
Which means I could buy a new rifle if my plinker isn't up to snuff for these matches.

It would be possible to compete in base class if say I got the ruger precision rimfire, or maybe some other less expensive gun.
I expect those 2 optics would be fine for that gun.

Of course the other way it could go is I decide to go nuts and pick up a vudoo.
That questions would it be better to forget the base class altogether and pick up a better optic right off the bat?
I don't mean nightforce better, but maybe double that and pick up say a strike eagle in 5-25 instead. Or again, something better but still under 1k or so.

and the final possibility is my plinker actually does shoot well and I stay in open class with that, again would you step up in scopes anyway?
For reference it is a cz v22 upper from probably 15 years or so ago, on a polymer lower.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Andrewh:
So my plan is to try a NRL22 competition in the next couple of months.
Since my gun isn't made anymore and really it is a put together ar22 I don't qualify for base class.

I have been looking at 2 different optics to put on it.
Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP 6-24x50
or
Bushnell's MATCH PRO 6-24X50

MSRP is 499 and 450 respectively.
Which means I could buy a new rifle if my plinker isn't up to snuff for these matches.

It would be possible to compete in base class if say I got the ruger precision rimfire, or maybe some other less expensive gun.
I expect those 2 optics would be fine for that gun.

Of course the other way it could go is I decide to go nuts and pick up a vudoo.
That questions would it be better to forget the base class altogether and pick up a better optic right off the bat?
I don't mean nightforce better, but maybe double that and pick up say a strike eagle in 5-25 instead. Or again, something better but still under 1k or so.

and the final possibility is my plinker actually does shoot well and I stay in open class with that, again would you step up in scopes anyway?
For reference it is a cz v22 upper from probably 15 years or so ago, on a polymer lower.

View Quote

Avoid the Dback Tactical.  I had one, sold it within a week.  Tunnel vision on high power, no zero stop.  I picked up an Athlon Midas Tac...a much better optic.  There are less expensive FFP Athlon scopes as well, if you decide to stay in Base Class.  

I've been shooting a B14R in Open Class NRL22...been doing great.  Beaten a few times by Vudoo's, but only by a few points, and that was my fault.  

I don't think you can use the V22 upper...I think everything has to be available for retail to be allowed in NRL22.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
doesn't that just put me in open class?
or are you saying I Can't use it at all?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Open class anything goes custom gun/ upper in your case super expensive optics etc.
Base class requires current production gun and scope a max of $1050 total cost ( MSRP/ list not what it costs you)
I am using a savage mark II with the least expensive Athlon 6-24 ffp scope. Total investment ( scope mount reigns rifle spare mags bipod everything on the gun) under $700, and every miss is my fault not due to equipment limitations.
Go with what you have. Have fun. After a few matches you can decide if you want to go base class route or open
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:23:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I enjoyed Base Class for a while....it's a more fair competition, relying much more on the shooter than the equipment.  I ran a Ruger American Rimfire Target w/ a Bushnell fixed 10x Tactical scope.  When they stopped making the scope, I went to Open Class.  

Open Class is a free for all...as big as your wallet can afford.  I've seen guys with $5K into their rigs, and I beat them with a $1,700 into my Bergara B14R.

Same as when I competed in USPSA...money can't buy you a win, but it helps.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#5]
But the issue is, I only have a red dot on it. Need to pick an optic and was trying to decide if I needed to step up.

Thanks about the vortex one, cross that off the list.
But is the bushnell good enough if I stay in open class?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
But the issue is, I only have a red dot on it. Need to pick an optic and was trying to decide if I needed to step up.

Thanks about the vortex one, cross that off the list.
But is the bushnell good enough if I stay in open class?
View Quote

I've seen plenty of people with that scope in Base Class....they seem to like it, never heard any complaints.  I personally like a zero stop, but I don't think that scope has it...it just says it has locking turrets....which can take some getting used to.  Farthest I've had to shoot at an NRL22 match is 300 yards, but that was a bonus stage.  Official NRL22 stages won't go over 100 yards, so that scope will be fine for Open Class.  All you need to know if your rifles dope, I've never dialed in a range for under 250 yards.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.
I may rethink this, as I got to go to the range today, and it doesn't seem to reliable enough.
it could be the cheap ammo, or something I tweaked when getting the barrel threaded.
too many failure to feeds, and failure to fires.

even with some elye (sp) I had from a while back, I still got some jams.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Shot my first match with a 10/22 and a 30 year old Tasco 3-9x32, took second and won a certificate for an Athlon.  Upgraded to a Talos BTR 4-14x44.  The FFP and the "Christmas Tree" reticle made life much easier.  Since all the official stages are 100 yards or less don't over do the magnification.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks.
I may rethink this, as I got to go to the range today, and it doesn't seem to reliable enough.
it could be the cheap ammo, or something I tweaked when getting the barrel threaded.
too many failure to feeds, and failure to fires.

even with some elye (sp) I had from a while back, I still got some jams.
View Quote

Reliability is important for sure as is accuracy obviously
Sounds like you need to go rifle shopping
I decided on base class ( at the time- couple years ago- base class was defined differently and the bet bet was the savage mark 2. They changed the definition ( about 2-3 months after I bought the rifle of course!) and you now have a lot more options.
I went cheap as I was not sure if I would like NRL22 but do like it and try to get to every match I can that my work schedule doesn’t conflict with.
I still like the idea of base class, and at my skill level it is not the rifle holding me back (. Or the athlon optic)
Without a doubt it is critical to research test and find the best standard velocity ammo for performance in your given rifle. Don’t even waste your time with bulk, high velocity ammo.
This like base vs open is a balance. My self imposed limit is $10/50 for ammo. In that price range Eley contact and SK rifle match did best for me
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:07:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmckinnon] [#10]
I'm using the Vortex DB 6-24x50 on my NRL22 Base Class rifle.  It works for me.  I might have gone with the Match Pro but there were none to be had when I was shopping for a scope and Academy came along with a sale price on the Vortex .  Maybe Bushnell has some back in stock now?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah looking at rifles now.
Bushnell has the non-illuminated in stock.

Age old question semi vs bolt.

My argument is moa is moa bolt or semi, so why does it make a difference.

I got to shoot a vudoo out to little over 400 yards and it was nice.
But with 7k in gear it better be.
I could do a kidd and nice optic for less than half that and it would be semi auto, less to futs with, but more to go wrong. lol.

Base class seemed like a nice cheap option to start with, but it becomes too complicated trying to balance a good gun and good glass.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#12]
My advice -

Start in base class.  

Accuracy is meaningless without reliability.  Reliability allows accuracy to become important.

Optical quality is more important than magnification.  Top optical quality in a high mag scope costs money.

Start in base class.

For your first match or two, can you share with or borrow a rig from a friend?  Rimfire does not wear out barrels like center fire.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a bushnell forge, it sucks compared to my midas tac. If you want to stay base class maybe get a super sniper or something.

Repeatability on the dials is everything in nrl,. I hold using the grid most of the time but sometimes, you'll need to dial to it.

I would think twice about the kidd... Most people in my club hand moved away from them.

Nrl is a blast
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#14]
@crashburnrepeat
Any idea why they decided to get away from the kidd?

trying to clean my v22 up a bit to see if I can get it running more reliably.
Waiting to see if I can get some standard veliocity stuff in since that seems to be the go to for non-match grade stuff.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#15]
If you haven't made up your mind on an optic yet look at the Burris RT15 & RT25. I have both of them and they work great for me in NRL22 matches. I am shooting a Bergara with the RT25 now. I can shoot plates out to 400 full dial and 11 mil hold in the scope.

It is a fun sport for sure.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I hadn't yet.
A buddy of mine convinced me to try base class instead.
So I decided to look at 3 choices if they ever come in.
the
Bushnell match pro with the illuminated reticle. not sure if I will ever use it, but I like that more.
Athlon BTR gen 2, with the mil reticle.
both out of stock right now from the manufacture. Have a vet discount so it is worth waiting for.

Or I contemplated the swampfox in that price range just because it was cheap.
With the msrp all running at 500, it leaves me 550 for the gun, which the ruger prs rim fire works for.
I know the bugs on it, and can live with them for what it gives me.
Mostly the fully adjustable stock so I can take my son with me and adjust it down to his size.
All the other choices would take more work to fit him then change it to fit me between stages.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:29:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crashburnrepeat] [#17]
@crashburnrepeat
Any idea why they decided to get away from the kidd?

trying to clean my v22 up a bit to see if I can get it running more reliably.
Waiting to see if I can get some standard veliocity stuff in since that seems to be the go to for non-match grade stuff.
View Quote

@Andrewh

There used to be a lot of them, but there are only a few at this point. Main reason: people fight them in the cold. For whatever reason, people start getting more jams and issues when it's chilly.

The other issue was accuracy, they are very very good, but they aren't quite the vudoo and rimX and even the CZ's generally do better.

There is a guy still rocking one with a tuner, he's fine but he also isn't one of the top shooters.

Just my experience.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:10:13 AM EDT
[#18]
A question for the Bergera b14r owners. What kind of accuracy are you getting with cci sv? I stacked it deep over the years and I want to get back into long range. I was thinking about getting the Berger’s but I’d like to be able to hit the 8” gong at the 300yrd range.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By new_frontier13:
A question for the Bergera b14r owners. What kind of accuracy are you getting with cci sv? I stacked it deep over the years and I want to get back into long range. I was thinking about getting the Berger’s but I’d like to be able to hit the 8” gong at the 300yrd range.
View Quote

You'd have no trouble is CCI SV.  At that range, it's mostly about your wind call and using consistent ammo, which the CCI SV is.  

Oddly enough, the best mid-range ammo my B14R liked was the polymer coated CCI Clean Sub Sonic...model #934CC.  It shot it nearly as well as the Lapua Center X I regularly shoot.  Sadly, I can't find a single box of it anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:

You'd have no trouble is CCI SV.  At that range, it's mostly about your wind call and using consistent ammo, which the CCI SV is.  

Oddly enough, the best mid-range ammo my B14R liked was the polymer coated CCI Clean Sub Sonic...model #934CC.  It shot it nearly as well as the Lapua Center X I regularly shoot.  Sadly, I can't find a single box of it anywhere.
View Quote

@AT-ST83 thanks for the advice. I’ve actually got a very good stash of the CCI clean subsonic on the way so that’s good to hear. I’ll be pairing it with a bushnell 3-12x 44mm nitro. Side parallax to 10y. Hoping for a decent set up to get me through this ammo drought and save my long range components a bit. When my CCI clean comes in, I’ll pm you and send you a box.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:55:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jestertoo] [#21]
Midway has that Bushnell 6 to 24x50 for like 260 bucks right now. I just picked one up and put it on a Ruger precision rimfire with vortex high rings. The whole thing was about 800 bucks..

Eta https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018726884?pid=572346
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#22]

crashburnrepeat- Thanks for the info. That kind of lines up with some other reading I did. Semi auto close tollerance 22's tend to get jammed up and need frequent cleaning to stay running. And past a couple hundred yards they don't keep up accuracy wise.

jestertoo- Thanks, but all the ones I am looking at have christmas tree reticles.

The swampfox is about the same price after discount.

The BTR actuallly even has a higher mag scope at that price point too. like 8-34 or something. Based on some of the other posts that might be overkill, but I tried my 3x9 at 25 yards and it was kind of nice to get that close.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#23]

@AT-ST83 thanks for the advice. I’ve actually got a very good stash of the CCI clean subsonic on the way so that’s good to hear. I’ll be pairing it with a bushnell 3-12x 44mm nitro. Side parallax to 10y. Hoping for a decent set up to get me through this ammo drought and save my long range components a bit. When my CCI clean comes in, I’ll pm you and send you a box.
View Quote

Where did you find it?  I've got about 15 email alerts setup for just as many websites.  I know CCI sells direct, but they won't notify you when it is available...so I check the website nearly every hour...lol.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Where did you find it?  I've got about 15 email alerts setup for just as many websites.  I know CCI sells direct, but they won't notify you when it is available...so I check the website nearly every hour...lol.

View Quote

Register with CMP and buy Eley Target.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jestertoo:

Register with CMP and buy Eley Target.
View Quote

I have more than enough Lapua Center-X, about 15,000 rounds.  I specifically want the CCI Clean #934CC.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I was fortunate enough to place a very large order direct back before everything got crazy. The problem is that cci clean is made independently from cci sv runs. They only do the coated bullets occasionally so I’m waiting until the next run. Iva.ready got my order of the HV clean but I don’t know how long I’ll wait on the subsonic.

I bit the bullet and bought the Berger’s b14r and a 500rd box of tenx. Can’t wait to start shooting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#27]

I have more than enough Lapua Center-X, about 15,000 rounds.  I specifically want the CCI Clean #934CC.
View Quote

Good point. I have a bunch of the green/red/blue/white/ping polymer coated, but it's all 1235fps.  Is there an advantage to the subsonic other than suppressor use?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Good point. I have a bunch of the green/red/blue/white/ping polymer coated, but it's all 1235fps.  Is there an advantage to the subsonic other than suppressor use?
View Quote

Supersonic bullets lose stability when they drop below the supersonic threshold. For .22 that tends to be under 50 yards.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Supersonic bullets lose stability when they drop below the supersonic threshold. For .22 that tends to be under 50 yards.
View Quote

That's right, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:23:42 AM EDT
[#30]
I know the first guy didn't like the Diamondback, but for what it's worth, I have that scope and think it's great. Shooting CCI SV and took base class with it at our last match.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By minion42:
I know the first guy didn't like the Diamondback, but for what it's worth, I have that scope and think it's great. Shooting CCI SV and took base class with it at our last match.

YMMV
View Quote

what rifle?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Bushnell engage
Ruger rimfire
Cci Std

1" hits at 100yd zero were no problem. Addictive. 50 yds we're dead on with the hold under top hash
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#33]

what rifle?
View Quote

Tikka
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:19:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#34]

YMMV
View Quote

I have the Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50.  I like, (or liked) it much for precision.22LR.  It focuses down to 10 yards, has a great, useful FFP "tree" type reticle, and glass that's decent out to about 300 yards before it poops out.  Tracking is good for .22LR precision shooting.  

My quibble is that the side focus started binding after a few sessions.  I had to send it back to Vortex after only a few weeks.  They replaced it.  The replacement is doing fine, so far.  I don't have a "warm and fuzzy" feeling about its build quality, but its a lot of scope for this base class of competition and price limitation. If you get one that doesn't develop problems right away, it will probably do fine.

This Remington 541S is not NLR base class eligible as its not currently in production, but the combo with scope and Eley Tenex, Match, or Lapua Center-X is about 1/2 MOA capable. Not bad for a sporter profile barrel, but probably not good enough for Open.

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Thought I would update.
the ARGOS BTR 2 in mil came back in stock on expert voice, so I placed an order for it.
Says it will take a few weeks.
Then I will order the mount for it. Start with my ar22 and wait till a ruger prs comes back in stock somewhere. If I get a chance to play before that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:19:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#36]
Originally Posted By MS556:
This Remington 541S is not NLR base class eligible as its not currently in production, ...
View Quote

That is a very restrictive rule.  It excludes about 100 years of rifle production and excludes a LOT of very fine rifles - your 541S and my Model 37, as examples.  

It seems like it's meant to force new purchases rather than promote a sporting activity.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

It seems like it's meant to force new purchases rather than promote a sporting activity.
View Quote

Yep...it's almost like it's sponsored by Bergara, Athlon, Bushnell, McMillan, Vudoo, Timney, and Vortex.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:54:06 AM EDT
[#38]

Yep...it's almost like it's sponsored by Bergara, Athlon, Bushnell, McMillan, Vudoo, Timney, and Vortex.
View Quote

Sadly I agree. Not to mention the annual dues are I think $75, which is more than I have paid for any other membership for sanctioned events
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Also counterintuitive but standard velocity ( aka subsonic) has less wind drift at long range than high velocity
No competitive shooter I know of uses high velocity ammo for anything
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By captain127:

Also counterintuitive but standard velocity ( aka subsonic) has less wind drift at long range than high velocity
No competitive shooter I know of uses high velocity ammo for anything
View Quote

How does that work?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PA452:

How does that work?
View Quote

The explanation I read is that supersonic rounds become unstable as they transition to subsonic.  
So staying subsonic to begin with gives you a more stable flight and better accuracy.
The transonic shift will happen between 40-65 yards and will show up on a 100 yard target just as easily.

22lr subsonic transition
https://www.google.com/search?q=22lr+subsonic+transition&rlz=1C1AVNG_enUS662US662&oq=22lr+subsonic+transition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i333l3.7703j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

lot of posts about it in that search.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#42]

The explanation I read is that supersonic rounds become unstable as they transition to subsonic.  
So staying subsonic to begin with gives you a more stable flight and better accuracy.
The transonic shift will happen between 40-65 yards and will show up on a 100 yard target just as easily.

22lr subsonic transition
https://www.google.com/search?q=22lr+subsonic+transition&rlz=1C1AVNG_enUS662US662&oq=22lr+subsonic+transition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i333l3.7703j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

lot of posts about it in that search.
View Quote

That I knew and understand. But how does that translate to less wind drift?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#43]
http://team40x.com/page15.html

I don't pretend to understand it, or the math he shows. but that article says why.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:25:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jestertoo] [#44]
Originally Posted By PA452:

That I knew and understand. But how does that translate to less wind drift?
View Quote

That makes no sense.. Common sense says shorter time of flight gives the wind less time to act on it.

ETA: ok, did some reading and what not. That linked article is kind of hokey explaining what is really going on.

What makes more sense is the large increase in drag during the supersonic and  transonic transition is not only in the direction of flight, but from the side as well.  This allows the crosswind component to affect the bullet more flight.

However it's explained, the numbers don't lie.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

That is a very restrictive rule.  It excludes about 100 years of rifle production and excludes a LOT of very fine rifles - your 541S and my Model 37, as examples.  

View Quote

Point well-taken.  They might not want our "old" bolt guns to show up some of the new kids on the block.  They could factor our original cost to current equivalent price and let us shoot.  Just trying to sell new stuff.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I just show up at the local match, pay the fee, and shoot. No need to pay for the $75 NRL22 thing, whatever it is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:29:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C_Swimm] [#47]
Originally Posted By MS556:

Point well-taken.  They might not want our "old" bolt guns to show up some of the new kids on the block.  They could factor our original cost to current equivalent price and let us shoot.  Just trying to sell new stuff.
View Quote

It's not about pushing out the old guns. The best way they could come up with the separate Base and Open was a price point. But you can't make it on the price someone paid because there is always that guy that can get the hook up on an expensive gun for much cheaper. So they based it off MSRP. Problem is there is no MSRP on guns that are no longer in production. So rather than not allowing them, they just have to be in open. It's far from perfect, and I am friends with one of the guys on the board that makes the rules. They are trying to find a better way to separate the classes but it's really hard to define it in a way that is fair and not piss of half the people. If you have any good ideas on this, PM me and I'll be happy to pass them along to my friend.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:37:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C_Swimm] [#48]
I just show up at the local match, pay the fee, and shoot. No need to pay for the $75 NRL22 thing, whatever it is.
View Quote

I agree, it is a bit high for the membership fee, but being a member automatically enters you into their monthly prize drawings. We have one shooter at our club that has won 2 drawings now, and another one that comes and shoots with us now and then that just won something recently.

Also it is nice that you can compete without being a member, but if you want to shoot at the National Championship match you have to be a member and accumulate enough points to qualify for the nationals.

I shot the nationals last year and it was a great match. It was only about 2 hours from me so that made it easy. I traveled with the guy that runs our club and he has been in it from the beginning. He introduced me to a lot of the people that run the national organization. They are all genuinely good people that do if for the love of shooting. It is still fairly new as far as this stuff goes and it is growing like crazy. There aren't very many people at the national organization so I tend to cut them a little slack.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#49]
All this talk about base class and price of old rifles is why I don't like the way base class is defined.

Go based on features and equipment allowed. In my opinion, the only real advantage I see with an Open-Class gun is the adjustability of the system and support features: full length rail Arca so bipod can be adjusted to allow for smaller footprint, barricade stops, heavier weight of the gun.

If you want to eliminate / restrict bipod placement on the rifle (e.g., cannot be moved during the stage of fire) and have a weight limit for base class, along with a few other items, that might be the way to go.

Frankly, I think Base vs Open should not even be the way you get newer / rookie shooters into NRL22. They should just use a classification system like the NRA where your classification is based on prior match scores and you move up and down as you progress.

Granted, no matter how you approach this, people are going to complain for various reasons.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#50]
I brought this up to some friends that are on the rules committee and I am told they are working on a list of out of production guns that will still qualify as base class for the next season. Also said that the purpose isn't to make some old tac drivers to become highly sought after for base class. Those old Anschutz and a few other older amazing rifles that were cheaper back in the day will still be in open class. The sprit of the list will be to allow more new shooters come out with their older out of production rifles and participate in base class.

So they are working on the issue.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top