Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2018 12:24:17 PM EDT
So I don't live under a rock... I just live in Alaska.  I just found out about NRL22 yesterday after seeing a comment about it in the photo thread.  We don't have any clubs up here and don't have any other non paper bullseye 22lr shooting that I know of either.

I contacted a friend who is into competitive shooting and they had just heard of NRL22 as well.  We might see about getting something started up here.  I was wondering if there are any other PRS style orgs for 22lr that we should look into joining or emulating.  Alaska had its first PRS style shoot this spring with a second tentatively scheduled for the fall.  Being in Alaska the winter schedule for NRL probably wouldn't work for us but the rules, stages etc probably.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Right, I have looked around on their site and seen that i could start a club since there isn't one in the state.  I guess I was curious if there were any other orgs like NRL that had rimfire comps of a similar nature.

NRL likely wouldn't work as well up here considering in Fairbanks the shoots would be in the dark and even in the Anchorage area the temps would still be sub zero for a majority of the season.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
You can try looking at the long range shooters of Utah who have hosted their 22 marksmen challenge match for a few years. It is very similar to an NRL22 style match and looks to be pretty successful. LINK
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not hard to get something set up if you want it to happen.  Even if its not sanctioned by anything, if you've got a place to do it you an take some initiative and make it happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top