Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2018 7:13:04 PM EDT
I haven't seen much on this new sling, I think its release my have been eclipsed by the Magpul bipod.  Anyhow, I came across it while looking for a simple loop sling for my hunting rifle.

Attachment Attached File

The sling is made from the same webbing as the other Magpul slings.  The material is great for the application.  It is smooth enough that it doesn't get snagged while looping in, but has enough grip that it doesn't slip once on.

Attachment Attached File

The buckles are polymer but built thick enough that I'm not worried about them breaking.  The keeper is really cool.  It slides just easily enough and doesn't loosen while worn.

Attachment Attached File

I'm using Uncle Mike's sling swivels, but any 1 1/4" sling mount wil work.  I added a half turn in the sling so it can be looped into more quickly.

All in all Magpul nailed this product.  It works well as a carry strap and as a shooting sling.  This definitely won a spot on my hunting rifle this season.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. Thanks for the review!
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Bringing back an old thread because I couldn't find any more info on here..

Anyone have this on their AR?
I'm leaning towards putting QDs on this instead of a blue force or ferro sling due to its simple design and loop feature. Going on a basic fighting rifle.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4rticus:
Bringing back an old thread because I couldn't find any more info on here..

Anyone have this on their AR?
I'm leaning towards putting QDs on this instead of a blue force or ferro sling due to its simple design and loop feature. Going on a basic fighting rifle.
View Quote
Where are your QD mounts on your rifle, and how do you intend on using the sling?

Modern sling use on ARs is typically a 2 point sling mounted on the side of the rifle and used for weapon retention and not for support.  This arrangement works well for a muzzle-down across the chest carry and low ready.

The RLS really shines as a more traditional support sling or for shoulder carry.  If you mounted it to the side of your rifle with QD mounts I don't think the loop sling would work correctly for support.  It's lack of quick adjust length would limit its usefulness as a 2 point sling for across the chest carry as well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4rticus:
Bringing back an old thread because I couldn't find any more info on here..

Anyone have this on their AR?
I'm leaning towards putting QDs on this instead of a blue force or ferro sling due to its simple design and loop feature. Going on a basic fighting rifle.
View Quote

Go MS1 for AR-15 with qd. Thank me later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top