Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2020 8:57:36 PM EDT
Wife unit has authorized the purchase if I want it. I’m looking at the PRS for my 5.56 precision gun. Rifle is a complete Larue. Currently have a SOPMOD on it, but I’ve lately wished I have something more solid and adjustable.

I guess the biggest question I have is if anyone who bought the PRS regretted it later? I’m not super concerned about the right aspect, the only thing I’ve considered is that it might make the rifle a little awkward for field use like varmint hunting and the like. Basically, I don’t want it to be a bench only rifle if that makes sense.

I appreciate any and all input. Not in any rush to purchase.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few of them.  Very comfortable.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both the Magpul and the LuthAR. The PRS is heavier so I used it on my heaviest barrel gun just for better balance when toting it about. If your gun is not front heavy and you want a more mobile setup, consider the LuthAR. It is not as easily adjustable but once set it is just fine. I like both.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been considering one for my prairie dog gun.  Its shot mostly prone or supported on a bench.  I played with that and the LuthAr in the shop a lot.  Though it probably wouldn't get adjusted much i like the easily adjustability of the PRS.  If you were going to shoot always prone or always benched, I'd go with the LuthAr.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I love it on my 20" Grendel. IMO it's more for stationary applications. If you're going to be doing a lot of moving then I would go with something lighter.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got two, like them a lot.  I want to get my hands on a Luth-ar to try.

It's heavy but I've carried it to where I hunt and it's performed well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#6]
The PRS I have on my AR10-T Carbine is perfectly balanced.  I have shot them on .223 precision rifles also, but this is awesome!
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:48:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one on my 20” AR. It’s heavy. I’ve never adjusted the comb, LoP, or buttpad cant since the day I set it up. Otherwise it works though I haven’t tried all the options in the market. The LoP is fairly long and that’s a common complaint. The new B5 is uggo as shit, but I’d like to try one especially since it adjust LoP on a carbine RE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top