Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m having some trouble with installing my bottom metal. I decide to convert my 700 adl over with a take off factory stock but I can not get the magazine to seat all the way in .  It’s hitting a price of metal at the base of the bolt
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
@sheepdog954

Post some pics I’m sure one of us can help you out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi Brother, really interested in installing the MP into my 5R stock. I got it that you have to make it fit and its fita well, just interested do action screws take needed tightening (torque) or is MP plastoc fragile and you have to undertighten it? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zardoz:
As requested, here's a couple pics:
The magazine well, itself. You can see that I left the tallest part of the rear magazine guide alone, though I did remove the strengthening ribs, and cut the gusset out of it's base. The front magazine guide, I removed completely instead of trimming- my one time caving in to impatience. I also removed the 2 small tabs from the sides.
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/zzzardoz556/Guns/20160327_141954-01-1024x486_zpsgdeuw4px.jpeg

And the rifle itself. Sorry about the shitty pic - the Note 3's camera sucks, the lighting sucked, and my phone's editing apps all suck.
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/zzzardoz556/Guns/R700%20SPS%20aac-sd_01-1024x498_zps8mkray1q.jpeg

In the end, removing the front mag guide didn't matter, because there is NO movement of the magazine when inserted. Although it's easy to remove, the mag doesn't fall free. That's because I trimmed the stock only enough for the mag well to squeeze up into the stock. If it bugs me, I can always trim a bit more, but right now it doesn't bother me.
View Quote
Hi Brother, really interested in installing the MP into my 5R stock. I got it that you have to make it fit and its fita well, just interested do action screws take needed tightening (torque) or is MP plastoc fragile and you have to undertighten it? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you have any pictures showing the stiffening of the stock
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top