Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2022 2:43:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rssc]
Hello all. I'm setting up a .223 Tikka Varmint in a KRG Bravo with AICS inlet and MDT poly mags. I've searched the forum and found people discussing various problems with the Tikka/Bravo combo but haven't seen anyone specifically mention the quirk I am seeing. If I insert the mag by pushing it firmly into the action, the bolt hits the feed lips on the magazine when moving the bolt forward to chamber a round. I have to actually insert the mag and then pull it back down so it is at the lowest position. The bump on the mag is resting just above and touching the mag catch. I want to be able to firmly push the magazine up into the action and go. Can I adjust the stock to fix this? Do I need to get a metal magazine instead of the poly mag? If I have to insert the mag till it clicks and then pull it down against the catch every time that is going to be a real pain.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By rssc:
Hello all. I'm setting up a .223 Tikka Varmint in a KRG Bravo with AICS inlet and MDT poly mags. I've searched the forum and found people discussing various problems with the Tikka/Bravo combo but haven't seen anyone specifically mention the quirk I am seeing. If I insert the mag by pushing it firmly into the action, the bolt hits the feed lips on the magazine when moving the bolt forward to chamber a round. I have to actually insert the mag and then pull it back down so it is at the lowest position. The bump on the mag is resting just above and touching the mag catch. I want to be able to firmly push the magazine up into the action and go. Can I adjust the stock to fix this? Do I need to get a metal magazine instead of the poly mag? If I have to insert the mag till it clicks and then pull it down against the catch every time that is going to be a real pain.
View Quote

I don't have this setup but I think the KRG AICS is adjustable. I'm using a CTR stock and MDT mags on my tikka 223 and it works fine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By robpiat:

I don't have this setup but I think the KRG AICS is adjustable. I'm using a CTR stock and MDT mags on my tikka 223 and it works fine.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. Are you using the MDT plastic or metal mags? It was explained to me that after being inserted the mag is designed to fall down to where it is resting on top of the mag catch. My MDT plastic mags are a little too wide so they don't slide. The magwell can be adjusted to make it longer but I don't believe it can be made wider.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
KRG will tell you to use metal Accurate mags.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Embittered:
KRG will tell you to use metal Accurate mags.
View Quote

Thanks for the message reminding me to provide an update. They did recommend accurate metal mags. I bought one to try. It solved the issue.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rssc:

Thanks for the reply. Are you using the MDT plastic or metal mags? It was explained to me that after being inserted the mag is designed to fall down to where it is resting on top of the mag catch. My MDT plastic mags are a little too wide so they don't slide. The magwell can be adjusted to make it longer but I don't believe it can be made wider.
View Quote

Plastic mags with the CTR bottom metal.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By robpiat:

Plastic mags with the CTR bottom metal.
View Quote

Ahh ok that makes sense. My bravo is inlet for AICS style magazines.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I fixed mine with JB weld and a file.  MDT
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 7:31:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: garn] [#8]
Lol that their solution is to buy only a specific/most expensive mag.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#9]
My KRG and CTR 223 work trouble free
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:52:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSnowRider] [#10]
I don't have either, but I have seen a similar problem, you need to adjust the mag well so the front of the mag rest against a stop when the mag is positioned right, this holds the mag down so the bolt doesn't drag..

This is an MPA chassis, with an accurate mags magazine, but the issue is the same..MPA fixes it by an adjustable stop that allows a ledge for the mag to sit against..You need that ledge, and may have to cut the groove for the bullet tips to slide past as they get pushed into the chamber by the bolt...

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top