Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2018 11:43:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dempsy1]
I got this Scope when I bought a rifle, it is great at the range, tracks great clear etc.  I took it hunting this morning and didn’t feel like the eye box was as big some other hunting scopes I’ve had in the past.  It’s a mil dot scope.  Am I just expecting to much?  I haven’t heard anything bad about them but I’m debating on keeping it or not.

Update scope is MK 4 LR/T 4.5-14x40 mil dot. I have not been able to find a lot or model sold or for sale currently so I’m still unsure on how to price it if I decide to sell.  Thanks for the input so far.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Could anybody help with a sale price if I decide to go that way?  It’s the Mark IV LRT model, only MK IVs I’ve seen on the EE were clone parts so their price may not be in-line.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By dempsy1:
I got this Scope when I bought a rifle, it is great at the range, tracks great clear etc.  I took it hunting this morning and didn’t feel like the eye box was as big some other hunting scopes I’ve had in the past.  It’s a mil dot scope.  Am I just expecting to much?  I haven’t heard anything bad about them but I’m debating on keeping it or not.
View Quote

Are you talking about your field of vision?  If so what magnification where you on?  Did you have a proper cheek weld and a full picture in the scope, no black showing on the edges?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Could anybody help with a sale price if I decide to go that way?  It’s the Mark IV LRT model, only MK IVs I’ve seen on the EE were clone parts so their price may not be in-line.
View Quote
I sold my MK4 6.5-20 M1 LRT years ago for around $500 I think.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, type your scope specs into google search bar and add eBay after, it willl pull up any current and most recent sells on the internet which will give you an idea of going price...
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By D-RAS03:

Are you talking about your field of vision?  If so what magnification where you on?  Did you have a proper cheek weld and a full picture in the scope, no black showing on the edges?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By D-RAS03:

Absolutely!  I was just surprised it was so narrow at 4x in the field- didn’t notice any issues st the range but my 1st morning hunting I was hunting a field and felt my field of view was s little narrow-but the last few times I was coyote hunting with my Razor 1-6
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
OP, type your scope specs into google search bar and add eBay after, it willl pull up any current and most recent sells on the internet which will give you an idea of going price...
View Quote
I’ve tried!  Trust me, I’ve found similar options but not my specific one!
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Absolutely!  I was just surprised it was so narrow at 4x in the field- didn’t notice any issues st the range but my 1st morning hunting I was hunting a field and felt my field of view was s little narrow-but the last few times I was coyote hunting with my Razor 1-6
View Quote
I think like you said in your first post that maybe you're expecting to much.  I can't find your model to find the FOV but the 50mm objective has 19' at 100yds so I assume yours is even less. It's just something that you can live with for hunting purposes or get a different scope for hunting unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Need pictures.

I am 100% sure the Leupold Mark 4 line of scopes only came in a 40mm and 50mm objective lens size.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:
Need pictures.

I am 100% sure the Leupold Mark 4 line of scopes only came in a 40mm and 50mm objective lens size.
View Quote
This, I just did a lot of searching and can't find any MK4 with a 44mm objective.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#10]
No such scope exists. Leupold never made a mk4 in 4-14. Nor in 44 mm. Maybe it’s a 4.5-14 40mm?
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
OP, a few things:

1. It’s probably a 4.5-14x40 or x50. There is no 44mm.
2. The Leupold Mk4 series of scopes is probably the most widely copied scopes by Chinese manufacturers. LOTS of fakes out there. Be sure it’s an authentic Leupold, consider contacting Leupold to confirm.
3. The 4.5-14x series of scopes shrinks the field of view on the lowest magnification. Look through it as you increase magnification and you’ll notice the diameter of the view expanding until you hit almost 6x.
4. Assuming it’s not a Chinese fake, price will depend on a few things:

- Illuminated or unilluminated reticle?

- First or second focal plane?

- 40mm or 50mm objective?

- M1, M2, M3, or M5 turrets? (Most are M1, 1/4” adjustments @ 100 yds)

Resale is $500-$750 depending on specs and condition. A model number would help.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:
Need pictures.

View Quote
You are correct it is a 40mm-I has that confused with something else
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SlimBlundt:
OP, a few things:

1. It’s probably a 4.5-14x40 or x50. There is no 44mm.
2. The Leupold Mk4 series of scopes is probably the most widely copied scopes by Chinese manufacturers. LOTS of fakes out there. Be sure it’s an authentic Leupold, consider contacting Leupold to confirm.
3. The 4.5-14x series of scopes shrinks the field of view on the lowest magnification. Look through it as you increase magnification and you’ll notice the diameter of the view expanding until you hit almost 6x.
4. Assuming it’s not a Chinese fake, price will depend on a few things:

- Illuminated or unilluminated reticle?

- First or second focal plane?

- 40mm or 50mm objective?

- M1, M2, M3, or M5 turrets? (Most are M1, 1/4” adjustments @ 100 yds)

Resale is $500-$750 depending on specs and condition. A model number would help.
View Quote
non illumination
2nd FP
40mm
I’m not sure on the turrets-didn’t have to move it much to zero and it’s been awhile since I did it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#14]
That's a great scope.

The Vortex Razor 1-6 has a HUGE eyebox, so comparing this is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:
That's a great scope.

View Quote
I know, I’m torn trust me!  Is it strange that it’s a mil dot reticle but adjustments seem to be MOA?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:42:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I know, I’m torn trust me!  Is it strange that it’s a mil dot reticle but adjustments seem to be MOA?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FALARAK:
That's a great scope.

That’s totally normal and that was the standard for decades before mil/mil and FFP became popular
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Updated
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Update scope is MK 4 LR/T 4.5-14x40 mil dot. I have not been able to find a lot or model sold or for sale currently so I’m still unsure on how to price it if I decide to sell.  Thanks for the input so far.
View Quote
What I'm seeing for similar features are going for $500-$600.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top