Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2018 6:41:59 PM EDT
So today I took my Grendel out and was trying some new 129 gr Nosler loads.  I was beginning to think it didnt like the Noslers so I shot a batch of 123 eld which it loves.

Except not today.  I can usually squeeze insane groups out of them, and today it was 2-3".

I start looking at the handguard and i see it has started contacting the low profile block.

I have been shooting this build about 6 months, never had any problems, and have 2 other MI tubes that havent done this.

I do use a bipod, and wonder if that is causing pressure.  Anyone else have any thoughts, ideas experiences?
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I was real concerned about that small diameter handguard. I have the same rail on a 223 build and 300 blackout pistol. I'm not real sure if the barrel harmonics cause contact with the gas block, but it damn sure is a tight fit. It hasn't affected my shooting as of yet, but it was a concern as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top