Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 2:30:21 PM EDT
Since Eagle Industries are selling their drag bag for $470.00 would the BLACKHAWK 52’ Drag Bag be a good substitute for the amount they are selling it for? ($200.00). If not that what would you guys suggest and why?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
MidwayUSA Sniper Drag Bag Tactical Rifle Case

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't need a true drag bag I really like the Triad Tactical case. It's light and provides plenty of protection.

I have a Eagle and Voodoo drag bag and they're both heavy and cumbersome. I never use them.

https://triadtactical.com/triad-precision-rifle-carry-case/
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
OST.  I need something to cart my 6mm in.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
@bmmc I really like the look of the case, doesn’t seem to rip off from the other designs. Materials and construction also look promising, I’ll take it into consideration, thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Tactical Operations is a nice full blown drag bag. You can fit just about everything necessary to support a precision rifle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy once Cry once

It has included, a ground pad, backpack straps, a compartment for a full length cleaning rod, a seperate holder for a suppressor, plus pockets for magazines, data book, and cleaning equipment.

Plus, the large size will fit in a pelican 1750, so by removing the foam and using the drag bag you get the same protection and save space.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:28:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trunks] [#8]
@Rob01 looking to use it for multipurpose situations, I live up in northern Utah so it’s pretty rugged. Just thought it would be good to have multiple options to carry my rifle around without having to worry about the wear and tears that come from flimsy cases. Don’t need to baby my rifle but I like investing into protection in case the “what if” scenario ever comes. As for what I’d like to spend I put in about 10% of the cost for personal insurance (so if a rifle costs $1500.00 Id probably spend $150.00 on protective gear for it). Just getting recommendations for different manufacturers and looking for good construction so I don’t get burned, Im sure you can tell that I am very picky lol.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:37:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trunks] [#10]
@Rob01 Apologies I just updated the comment from before with more information
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#11]
@50-140 @Pro_Patria_431 It certainly looks well built, a bit expensive but maybe I can budget it in once Ive made a decision, thank you both for bringing it to my attention.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
I understand but what is your price range?
View Quote

The rifle I have now is worth about $3500.00 so I’d probably spend no more then $350.00 for the case, again apologies for the lack of info on my part
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:

MidwayUSA Sniper Drag Bag Tactical Rifle Case

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584
View Quote

I have one of the Midway drag bags, but I'm not an "operator", "sniper" nor do I use it as a drag bag.  With all that said, it is really useful, has held up really well, plenty of storage space, and I like that I can put two rifles in it with the nylon covered foam bad between them.  It seems well designed and thought out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:04:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#14]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:39:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trunks] [#15]
@Rob01 Thanks for the help man! Leaning towards the tac ops since it’s been recommended 3 times now, Heard nothing but good things about Eberlestock so I’ll look and see what they have as well.  Triad Tactical is still tempting because of the price, weight, and construction. Going to take me a minute to decide
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#17]
If you want the best dragbag made..it is this one by far...I can put up pics of mine when I get home later if you want..but these are by far the best made...

https://www.aim-fieldsports.com/product-category/dragbags/
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Here is a few pics..It has a pile of ways to secure your stuff, including external pockets with inner dividers, A pocket for the stock to set in plus 4 straps that can be moved the length of the bag for securing the rifle in anyway you wish, It has a pocket and protection for one piece rods, and it will hold a pile of gear..I added the separate rainfly to mine, well worth the few bucks, and it also works excellent...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This is the backpack straps, all HD all top quality stuff...Same for all the zippers and all the material....This is the third summer for this one, it gets beat on on the buggy's and wheelers, SXS's and still looks brand new once its washed....Zero signs of wear, zero damage after being heavily abused...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#19]
@AKSnowRider Looks great! What’s their warranty like? Also nice setup on the rifle
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Trunks:
@AKSnowRider Looks great! What’s their warranty like? Also nice setup on the rifle
View Quote

Thanks, I have no idea, when I talked to them about ordering the bag I asked and all he said is "you won't need a warranty, but if something isn't perfect just call us" I have to admit, I doubt I will ever need a warranty..this bag is that well built..its obvious as soon as you touch it...We use buggy's and wheelers to hunt with, and even to just go shooting for the LR stuff, the gear gets strapped on the edge of the flatbed so its easy to grab quick if needed, it gets beat to shit by trees/brush and such, still looks brand new....I ordered the 55 bag, my rifle is 52" long, it fits no problem, they make up to 60" bags...It took about 3 weeks to get here from the day I placed the order, they were excellent to deal with...

This is it on the buggy, you can see it strapped down on top of the box, the green cover is the rain fly....
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm a fan of the Eberlestock sniper sled drag bag.  https://eberlestock.com/collections/shooting/products/sniper-sled-drag-bag-52

As Rob01 mentioned, all external pouches are removable/movable.  The interior permits two rifles if you need to.  The backpack straps aren't an afterthought, they're comfortable and the waist strap helps if you're walking longer distances.

It is overbuilt and the weight at 7.9lbs empty kinda demonstrates that.  The stitching is superb with most seams triple stitched, YKK zippers throughout. Coated pull rings on all zippered pockets.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#22]
@AKSnowRider man I really hope I can get a setup like yours one day, I’ll diffidently will take the AIM into consideration, Ive gotten some really good feedback from everyone on here so far.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Trunks:
@AKSnowRider man I really hope I can get a setup like yours one day, I’ll diffidently will take the AIM into consideration, Ive gotten some really good feedback from everyone on here so far.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top