Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:36:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: triode] [#2]
Cool, I think I found my next project.

Link
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
That's pretty cool, but over $1100

I do absolutely love my B14 in 6.5CM though!
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:
That's pretty cool, but over $1100

I do absolutely love my B14 in 6.5CM though!
View Quote
Think of it as a modern 40X which was also available in rimfire and was not cheap.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like they used a little too much of the Vudoo mags design...
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:

Think of it as a modern 40X which was also available in rimfire and was not cheap.
View Quote
It had better shoot to be compared to the 40x’s. Those rifles hammer to this day, but they aren’t cheap.

Originally Posted By Hoser:
It looks like they used a little too much of the Vudoo mags design...
View Quote
My guess is the design is for precision rifle shooters to have a trainer that matches the feel of their comp. rifles, including mag changes, much like the Vudoo.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:

It had better shoot to be compared to the 40x’s. Those rifles hammer to this day, but they aren’t cheap.

My guess is the design is for precision rifle shooters to have a trainer that matches the feel of their comp. rifles, including mag changes, much like the Vudoo.
View Quote
Do precision rifle shooters really practice with 22lr? I know when I'm practicing shooting I rarely ever use a 22 to simulate the rifle/pistol I'm intending to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Do precision rifle shooters really practice with 22lr? I know when I'm practicing shooting I rarely ever use a 22 to simulate the rifle/pistol I'm intending to shoot.
View Quote
I don’t but I know several guys that do. The cheaper ammo cost and ballistic characteristics if limited to 2-300yds is the benefit, allegedly. In addition to practice, they run them in NRL .22 matches.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:58:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stanprophet09] [#9]

View Quote
Yes
A lot of us shoot 22 matches also. Running barricade drills on a 3-4 inch gong at 100 yards with a 22 is great practice. I practice a lot from 25-350 yards.

ETA: Shooting the 22 out to 350 is very similar to shooting a 308 at 1k. Also supressed 22 and match ammo males for a quiet time that can be done on limited realestate.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Very cool!  Interested in seeing how they shoot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KentuckyMarksman:
Very cool!  Interested in seeing how they shoot.
View Quote
I'm waiting for the range reports and hopefully the price to drop some.  I'm hopeful for the accuracy side, seems they have been putting out really precise firearms, I know my HMR Pro came with a .184" test target.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bs63366:

I'm waiting for the range reports and hopefully the price to drop some.  I'm hopeful for the accuracy side, seems they have been putting out really precise firearms, I know my HMR Pro came with a .184" test target.
View Quote
My B14 HMR is a GREAT shooter.  I can shoot .75 to 1.5 MOA all day long depending on the bullet and I am effectively both retarded AND my vision is not very good any more.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 6:45:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#15]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:  Do precision rifle shooters really practice with 22lr?

With the proper trainer, it is an excellent way to train.

For me, I have a trainer with the same weight and size, the same ergonomics, the exact same sights, the exact same trigger, the same sling, everything is the same except for the cartridge and recoil.

Want to learn the ins and outs of shooting your rifle - trigger control, sighting, sling and stock adjustments?  Get an identical rimfire trainer.

In fact, that training is as good or better than live fire training with the centerfire.

Want to learn to read the wind?  Shoot rimfire.

Another excellent training tool is dry firing with your centerfire.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 3:12:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I have one of these ordered direct from BPI. I’ll post on here when I get it with my impressions and hopefully range time results.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
I have one of these ordered direct from BPI. I'll post on here when I get it with my impressions and hopefully range time results.
View Quote
Can't wait to hear the results!!!!!  
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know if these are shipping yet?
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Last I heard was the end of this month for the steel barrel and end of Dec/Jan for the CF barreled ones but I haven't seen any news yet either
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stre-tch:
Last I heard was the end of this month for the steel barrel and end of Dec/Jan for the CF barreled ones but I haven't seen any news yet either
View Quote
I looked today (not really hard) and I couldn't find anything either.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#21]

I looked today (not really hard) and I couldn't find anything either.
View Quote
They just received a shipment from Spain last week and should be shipping out this week the first batch
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:

They just received a shipment from Spain last week and should be shipping out this week the first batch
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 2:25:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Might be a very interesting rifle for those that don’t want to push into Vudoo price territory.
You will be $2300-2400 at a min for a v22 so $1k if it shoots close would be huge. I’m not going to hold my breath on that but who knows
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I just placed a order locally.
He had pricing but wasn’t sure when they were shipping but felt that is would be really soon.

I am paying $899 plus tax if that helps
I now need to decide if I want to let me mint cz455 trainer go.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Good luck on this!  I am very interested to hear how your rifle shoots.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I was just looking at a few distributor websites;

RSR and Davidson's don't list the rifles yet.

Sports South lists the rifles as well as barreled actions....now, that is interesting.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#27]
Originally Posted By mc556:
I just placed a order locally.
He had pricing but wasn’t sure when they were shipping but felt that is would be really soon.

I am paying $899 plus tax if that helps
I now need to decide if I want to let me mint cz455 trainer go.
View Quote
If it shoots as good as the vudoo then it will be a winner.  The CZ target, MTR, Varnints don’t look half as perfect.

I was looking over my stuff to let go and buy a Vudoo then shopped the Vudoo price.  Ouch.  If the Bergera can pull it off at half the price their sales numbers will be much higher than Vudoo sales.  It’s ticking all the same check boxes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
The Bergara is not near a Vudoo. It's a factory rifle that has similar features. It's like saying a Bergara HMR is the same as a GA Precision rifle.
View Quote
Hmm, can’t tell at all that you are sponsored by Vudoo. . . .
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Rob01:

Lol just keeping it real. People comparing a factory action, stock and barrel put together in mass production with a custom action, custom barrels and custom made. Just needs to be put in perspective. Using a similar magazine and footprint does not make them the same.
View Quote
Agreed.  I love my B14, it's a great an accurate gun....but it's NOT a custom rifle.  Same with the .22.  I'll own one but it won't be a Vudoo.  For me, that is Ok.  I have an Anschutz 64 and that is plenty good for me.  If the Bergara is half to three quarters as good a shooter as my Annie, I'll be fine with it.  My "good shooting" days are far behind me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Well my shop called and they were able to get one shipped.
It will be here Wed
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 11:35:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#33]
It will be here Wed
View Quote
Do you have an optic and rings yet?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 1:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mc556] [#34]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
It will be here Wed
I have a PST gen2 5-25x I’m pulling off my cz455 trainer
I need to pick up a base but I can do that locally at PSA

The weather has sucked I’ll get some shooting in over the weekend hopefully.

I have Eley Contact, Subsonic and some Tenex
On the cheaper side I have some federal match, CCI etc

Wind is a big issue here. I have a 50 yard area protected by trees but at 100-150 I’m on the side of a hill facing the mountains.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#35]

I have a PST gen2 5-25x I'm pulling off my cz455 trainer
I need to pick up a base but I can do that locally at PSA

The weather has sucked I'll get some shooting in over the weekend hopefully.

I have Eley Contact, Subsonic and some Tenex
On the cheaper side I have some federal match, CCI etc

Wind is a big issue here. I have a 50 yard area protected by trees but at 100-150 I'm on the side of a hill facing the mountains.
View Quote
Can't wait to see the results. I will hoist a pint in hope of good weather for you!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:30:41 AM EDT
[#36]
A friend of mine just got his off of Gun Broker.  We both live in Mesa AZ, home of the Lapua Rimfire Test Center.  I know he is making an appointment to take the rifle down there to see how it performs with several types of ammo.  I'll let you all know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 10:11:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mc556] [#37]
Didn't  show up yesterday so we shall see about today
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Did show up yesterday so we shall see about today
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By quietm4:
A friend of mine just got his off of Gun Broker.  We both live in Mesa AZ, home of the Lapua Rimfire Test Center.  I know he is making an appointment to take the rifle down there to see how it performs with several types of ammo.  I'll let you all know how it turns out.
View Quote
Neat!  That is right down the street from me.  I have no need to use it...but I bet it is darn cool!
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Neat!  That is right down the street from me.  I have no need to use it...but I bet it is darn cool!
View Quote
It interests me as well...I'm hoping to go with him...but my CZ 455 shoots as well as I like spending less than $10/box on ammo....I don't know that I need to spend $15-$20/box to get marginally better groups.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I picked up mine on Tuesday, I’ll be shooting it over the weekend and see how it does.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

Came in yesterday
It was dark before I could get a scope mounted but I will shoot this weekend and post some results.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 2:54:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsome-] [#43]
nice -  looking forward to your reviews!
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 10:43:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mc556] [#44]
My screen name is different but  I’ve posted these same targets at that hidden sniper site in case anyone is watch that thread.  
Anyway so I got home and only had a very short amount of time before dark. The down and dirty is this thing may have some real potential.
 Rifle was pulled out of the box and fitted with leupold mk4 20moa mount, Vortex 5-25 pst gen 2 in Vortex Rings

I set up some targets I printed off the internet at work as I can’t find my stash of good small bore targets.
Rifle was not cleaned or adjusted in anyway except the cheek rest height.   All shooting was at 50 deg 0 wind and with old tac52 suppressor.

I did all 5 shot groups except for the 2nd string that was a 10 shot group. All at 50 yards at least for today.

After a quick couple rounds to get the scope close here are the groups I shot.

1. Eley contact .188
2. Eley contact 10 rds .549
3 Eley Tenex .688
I think the switch messes with things and I didn’t have enough Tenex to really do anything so I switched back to Contact.
Second Target  
1. Eley Contact .508 there was no fowling shots after the Tenex and this was the worst 5 shot group with it.
2.  Eley Contact  .088 hell ya
3. Contact .301
4.  Contact .233

For the 5th it was now basically dark so I loaded 5 CCI standard velocity for a .501

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Shooting was off a wobbly wood bench with a harris bipod and tab gear rear bag.    I can’t wait to shoot further and on a better platform
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#45]
@mc556

I think you missed a 0 on your write up, your group is a 0.088 not a 0.88 correct?

That looks really really good to me!

I can't wait to see some longer range testing. I love my B14 in 6.5CM and have been watching this thread very closely!

Thanks for the great writeup!
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#46]
@mc556

I think you missed a 0 on your write up, your group is a 0.088 not a 0.88 correct?

That looks really really good to me!

I can't wait to see some longer range testing. I love my B14 in 6.5CM and have been watching this thread very closely!

Thanks for the great writeup!
View Quote
Corrected to .088 thanks for pointing that out.
I’m hoping to get to shoot more Sunday however rain is in the forecast.
If it’s not to bad I’ll be able to shoot to 100 and maybe 150 if I can get the bush hog down to the range.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 6:51:25 AM EDT
[#47]
It will be here Wed
View Quote
I think you and I spoke briefly about your rifle. That thing is SUPER nice!
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Zardoz:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zardoz:
It will be here Wed
In the store?

It's killing me to be working today.  It's a bit windy at the house but dry. It's supposed to rain Sunday and Monday which are my days off.

I am sitting on 6000K or so rounds of that Eley Contact so it is a huge relief that the rifle likes it.  I want to test some other ammo but I hate the lot to lot consistency changes.   I know there are places that test or sell samples of different lots.  I want to try some SK, RWS and Lapua but that .088 was kinda like wow with that Contact.  I hope it holds accuracy to 100 the same.  I know MOA at one distance should shoot the same at the next mark but rimfire is it's own animal.

I'll play with screw torque and also some unsuppressed shots just to see how it acts.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#50]

In the store?

It's killing me to be working today.  It's a bit windy at the house but dry. It's supposed to rain Sunday and Monday which are my days off.

I am sitting on 6000K or so rounds of that Eley Contact so it is a huge relief that the rifle likes it.  I want to test some other ammo but I hate the lot to lot consistency changes.   I know there are places that test or sell samples of different lots.  I want to try some SK, RWS and Lapua but that .088 was kinda like wow with that Contact.  I hope it holds accuracy to 100 the same.  I know MOA at one distance should shoot the same at the next mark but rimfire is it's own animal.

I'll play with screw torque and also some unsuppressed shots just to see how it acts.
View Quote
Great results!  Here's to continued success!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top