Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2021 3:06:17 PM EDT
Ok, so I just got my Howa mini in .223 and I'm most likely going to put it in a BRN-1.  Now, I know the Luth is popular, but it just seems awfully bulky.  What I really wanted, MFT Minimalist with cheek piece, isn't a "thing" at least until 2022 .  I like the looks of the XLR TR2, but just seems a little pricey.  I asked Odin Works if they thought of making a cheek piece for their Zulu stock, and it's a no-go.  SO, what are your recommendations?  

Any aftermarket companies that make cheek pieces that fit other stocks?

The rifle plan?  Compact, fun, accurate range toy for 200yards.  I'll probably cut the barrel to 16.5" too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Magpul MOE and a MOE riser of appropriate height on a standard buffer tube. Total cost is about 60 bucks.

Looks like:

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
MPA offers several cheek risers for their chassis that should be as easy as drilling some holes....

You can unpin the center thread rod which is standard on their chassis and than use set screws, thumb nuts, or plastic spacers to set cheek riser height...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://masterpiecearms.com/cat/mpa-ba-accessories/chassis-buttstock-accessories/
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
Magpul MOE and a MOE riser of appropriate height on a standard buffer tube. Total cost is about 60 bucks.

Looks like:
https://ballisticxlr.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/screen-shot-2019-01-12-at-7.33.39-am.png?w=800
View Quote

Thanks for the pic.  That makes me wonder if I'll even need a cheekpiece.  I'm probably not going to mount a scope quite that high.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 5:56:43 AM EDT
[#4]
MDT stock starts @ $120.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I'll try the Luth MBA-1 I already have.  I also ordered a CTR and cheek riser.  If the Luth is a no-go, I'll try the CTR.  If the Luth is good to go, I'll just put the CTR on an AR
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Having some area under the stock for a bag is a priority for me so I have several Luth stocks. I've had XLR too and they were good. If you can get the scope down to where you don't need it, that would be best.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#7]
KRG Bravo.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sinister:
KRG Bravo.
View Quote

Alas, they don't make them for the Howa Mini....I've asked if that would be in the pipeline, and was told "no".  
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Ok, so I just got my Howa mini in .223 and I'm most likely going to put it in a BRN-1.  Now, I know the Luth is popular, but it just seems awfully bulky.  What I really wanted, MFT Minimalist with cheek piece, isn't a "thing" at least until 2022 .  I like the looks of the XLR TR2, but just seems a little pricey.  I asked Odin Works if they thought of making a cheek piece for their Zulu stock, and it's a no-go.  SO, what are your recommendations?  

Any aftermarket companies that make cheek pieces that fit other stocks?

The rifle plan?  Compact, fun, accurate range toy for 200yards.  I'll probably cut the barrel to 16.5" too.
View Quote

You answered your own question I think. Save up, get the XLR.

First off...I would double check compatibility but get rid of the castle nut / buffer tube and get you the XLR Contoured Buffer Tube.
Combine that with the TR-2 buttstock and I'm not sure it gets any better. You can add a bag rider or any cheek piece that suites your needs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I got a CTR and riser on the way, and I'll go ahead and try the Luth for shits and giggles.  In the meantime, I'll keep scouring here and on SH for a used one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top