Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2021 6:53:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility]
I am thinking of replacing some of the fill in my Gamechanger bag with something lighter. There are a few specialty made variations but I don't know which to choose or if there is an alternative I can purchase locally. Git-Lite sounded good but they will not ship to me.

What is you preferred lightweight fill, either custom made or repurposed? I like how the heavy fill in the Gamechanger holds it's shape and doesn't compress so those are things I am looking for.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I use poly pellets in my rear bag, they conform to shape well and are lighter than sand.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50-140:
I use poly pellets in my rear bag, they conform to shape well and are lighter than sand.
View Quote

What kind specifically? Are they considerably lighter than sand? I bet what's in my bag now is lighter than sand but the bag is still about five pounds.

I tried airsoft BBs once. They were garbage.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I used grain.
Worked great until:
Mice chewed up my bag.

If I were to carry them afield a lot, I'd probably use bean bag chair filling.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
I used grain.
Worked great until:
Mice chewed up my bag.

If I were to carry them afield a lot, I'd probably use bean bag chair filling.
View Quote

That was something I was considering. The heavy bag is stable but starting a stage holding it, an almost 20 pound rifle, and possibly a tripod it's a bit much.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to a craft store such as Michaels and look at the pellets, they're traditionally used as stuffing for children stuffed animals and such.

They'e bit larger than grains, kitty litter or sand so they don't try to escape seams as much.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I use black beans.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:04:18 AM EDT
[#7]
This stuff fits the bill.  28 liters weight about 1 pound.

I believe that @ballisticxlr has more information if you need...

Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Reorx:
This stuff fits the bill.  28 liters weight about 1 pound.

I believe that @ballisticxlr has more information if you need...

View Quote

That would be perfect, except they don't ship to Canada.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#9]
For exceptional cases, we can. It's ferociously expensive to ship internationally. Ping me direct and we can sort you out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I've used small styrofoam beads for bag fill and it worked well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Will Armageddon Gear ship to Canada?  You could order a bag filled with Git-lite directly from them.
Git-lite is not quite as stable a their standard poly pellets but it is much lighter.  I have a few Gamechanger bags with various fill.  I find the Shmedium sand filled to be the most stable and I use it for almost everything at matches.  I have a pint sized with git-lite clipped to my hunting pack.  It is super light but still very useful building positions in the field or on the rail of a tree stand.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought a set of Caldwell bags from a fella off Craigslist.  He had filled them with cheap, clay cat litter, unused of course. Bags are not too heavy but have worked out great for me. Tney hold their shape very well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Have you all seen any noteworthy difference in stability/shifting of your bags when you moved to a lighter fill?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top