Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2018 2:34:39 PM EDT
How are the barrels and accuaracy on the .308 kits? Are they the same barrels as the obr rifles?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
They definitely make a good and accurate  barrel. No experience with the .308 kit specifically.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 3:20:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akethan] [#2]
The OBR and tOBR have the PST gas system other than that not much difference.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry I dont know much about them what is the pst gas system how is it different from normal. Also they have a normal .308 barrel or a predobr barrel whats the difference
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 4:23:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutH57] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hanovi:
Sorry I dont know much about them what is the pst gas system how is it different from normal. Also they have a normal .308 barrel or a predobr barrel whats the difference
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link to website
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 4:34:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akethan] [#5]
View Quote
The barrels that come big block kits are not sold loose. Think of them as larger Stealth barrels.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
So question is do you guys think the larue kit would make a good precision semi rifle capable of sub moa or would a different rie be a better choice
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#7]
So question is do you guys think the larue kit would make a good precision semi rifle capable of sub moa or would a different rie be a better choice
View Quote
It will shoot sub MOA, I don’t think there is an AR10 framed offering that would match its accuracy at the price point.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

It will shoot sub MOA, I don’t think there is an AR10 framed offering that would match its accuracy at the price point.
View Quote
Yeah its really hard to beat the quality you get at that price point.

Off the top.of my head the closest semi comparable you could get price wise alternatively would be an Aero M5E1 build with a nice barrel  but you could cruise past the Larue kit price real quick. The MBT trigger  you can get with it is excellent, I have many thousands of rounds on geissele SSA-Es too to compare it to.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 3:27:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doty_soty] [#9]
View Quote
The UU kit is probably both the easiest one stop shop and bang for your buck precision setup out there at the moment. I’m sure one could do better, but it will be more effort and a lot more cost, which is a moot point given that it’ll outshoot the vast majority of its shooters.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
I think it would make a good one, especially at that price point.  To get even better accuracy, you'd have to step up to an LMT MWS but you're not getting into one of those for less than $2800 new, or to an OBR but you're looking at even more money.

I've built one of the 5.56 LaRue UU kits, and it was easily as nice as BCM if not better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top