Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2021 12:02:42 PM EDT
I picked up a couple of the translucent smoke 20 rounds magazines, which sure look impressive.  But I can't get them to lock into anything I own  - they just won't engage the catch.  PMags work just fine, so I'm guessing it's an issue with the Lancer mags?  

Is this common?  Did I make a mistake buying these?  These aren't cheap mags either...

Asked this in the AR15 Magazines forum as well, but maybe that wasn't the right spot, since these are AR10/SR25 magazines really

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
What brand of lower receiver?

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
What brand of lower receiver?

View Quote

PSA
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Have you called Lancer?
View Quote

not yet, figured I'd start here.  I sent a note to my retailer about it, but haven't heard back yet.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Just figured Lancer would have more info if it was a PSA issue.
View Quote

Ok, I sent them a note, we'll see what they say.

In the meantime, I was able to test where the magazine is hanging up.  Turns out, the mag-lock hole is too low in the magazine.  The feed lips top out and compress, before the hole clears to where the catch is.  This is occuring in two rifles, so I'm thinking a magazine defect.

I can either take a file or dremel and basically open up the top of the hole, or just try to return them.  At $50/mag - I'm hesitant to just alter them myself right now.  Kind of dissapointed they didn't make them right.  

PMags work fine, and aren't even compressing the lips - I can fit a piece of paper in there even.  But not so with the Lancer L7s.

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 6:51:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#7]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

In the meantime, I was able to test where the magazine is hanging up.  Turns out, the mag-lock hole is too low in the magazine.  The feed lips top out and compress, before the hole clears to where the catch is.  This is occuring in two rifles, so I'm thinking a magazine defect.

I can either take a file or dremel and basically open up the top of the hole, or just try to return them.  At $50/mag - I'm hesitant to just alter them myself right now.  Kind of dissapointed they didn't make them right.  

PMags work fine, and aren't even compressing the lips - I can fit a piece of paper in there even.  But not so with the Lancer L7s.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Just figured Lancer would have more info if it was a PSA issue.

Which apparently is only half of it.  I was able to get it to lock into a PSA ar by camming the upper off, so that lips topping out wouldnt be an issue.  Then cam the upper down on it while it was locked into place.  That made thr L7 now able to pop in and out (probably by compressing the feed lips so that's... maybe great, or not)

But it still won't lock into the other at all.  I think the top of the hole is short.

PMag hole size = 0.258 Inch
Lander hole size = 0.251"

I think it's really that close.  I bet it has to be soemthing like 0.255
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:53:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDude315] [#8]
Are both rifles PSA rifles? Of the 30 or more Lancer mags I have in rotation ive never had an issue with my 2 Colts, Geissele, or 3 Aero builds. I dont see them changing the location recesses on the exterior of the mags.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea, I just used the stubby end of a bit sticking out no farther then the bottom depth of the hole. And just slightly worked open the top of the hole.  Now the mags insert and function in everything just fine.   Annoyoing I had to do that.  Note that these are the .308 mags, not the 5.56 mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top