Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2020 10:16:39 PM EDT
I only have 1 more components  for my 10/22 build.I just cant decide which barrel would likely be more accurate.Any opinions?
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 10:54:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPC] [#2]
According to RFC...
Most say the Feddersens out shoot Kidd's.
Cost may be a factor,,or Bentz chamber vs match.
Also here good things about Shaw barrels
Getting a Shaw for the RPR rimfire.
About to order a Federsen for my 10/22.

https://fjfeddersen.com/product/22-long-16-25-920-bull-fluted/
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Green Mountain
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JPC:
According to RFC...
Most say the Feddersens out shoot Kidd's.
Cost may be a factor,,or Bentz chamber vs match.
Also here good things about Shaw barrels
Getting a Shaw for the RPR rimfire.
About to order a Federsen for my 10/22.

https://fjfeddersen.com/product/22-long-16-25-920-bull-fluted/
View Quote
Yes sir, I believe I have read every  post on that forum that talks about these 2 barrels.I tentatively  ordered  a feddersen,  but there is a 2 week lead time on them right now, so i am thinking about kidd.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sebspeed:
Green Mountain
View Quote
Not all of the GM reviews  are positive, and they are more expensive.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:50:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPC] [#6]
Originally Posted By Waxman:

Yes sir, I believe I have read every  post on that forum that talks about these 2 barrels.I tentatively  ordered  a feddersen,  but there is a 2 week lead time on them right now, so i am thinking about kidd.
View Quote
They are made to order. 2 wks is nothing.
IMHO
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I can contribute! But only on one side. I had the same dilemma and went with Fedd. I'm super pleased. I didn't know a 10/22 could be so accurate. Mine has a Brimstone trigger job and a 4-16x scope.

But as a warning, having his barrel has put me on a quest for tiny groups. This will cost you in buying premium ammo, shunning your stockpile of Thunderbolts and Golden Bullets, and making a $200 rifle into an $800 rifle. Better optic, stock etc. But holy cow is it fun; I hardly shoot centerfire anymore.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:15:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Fedderson barrels are unpredictable.  The good ones shoot, too many don't.

That's the reason used barrels are available.

I don't know a single instance among the crowd I shoot with that kept a Fedderson barrel for more than a couple of matches.

They're sensitive to ammunition, too, just like every other rimfire gun.

Here's the thing about shooting.  The only way to know is to find out for yourself.
View Quote
Very interesting.I Have not heard this before.The only complaint i have heard  about feddersen  is the rough  textured finish.I have heard that kidd barrels often have odd flyers,  maybe 1 out of 10 rnds.I have also heard the kidd needs better  ammo then the  Feddersen  to shoot well.This new new information  will be used in my decision,  thank you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Decided to go with he  20" Kidd barrel and  their supergrade receiver.I am thinking I made the right choice.I went to cancel my feddersen  , and i cant get in contact with them.Email,and website are. down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I had great results with a Feddersen 10/22 bbl, so I bought one for my  CZ455 awhile back. The factory CZ bbl outshot the Feddersen in terms of accuracy. Sold the Feddersen, kept the factory CZ bbl.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a 16 inch sporter profile Fedderson barrel for my Ruger 10/22. It hardly shot any better than the factory sporter barrel, roughly 1.5 at 50 yards.  I ended up just buying a Tikka T1X and gave up on the Ruger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top