Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2022 10:14:48 AM EDT
I just received my KRG Bravo chassis for the 10/22.  Receiver is a newer Ruger.  Barrel is a .920 KSA and trigger pack is a Timney Calvin Elite.  

It went together fairly painlessly--just had to swap the A and B spacers to free-float the barrel and a doubled business card slides freely.

My only question is the amount of side to side movement on the barrel.  With only 20 in/lbs (manufacturer's recommended torque), the barrel moves fairly easily side to side--less than 5 lbs of pressure is enough that the barrel contacts the aluminum bedding block.  Is this normal, or do I need to look deeper into this?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By FighterFixer1:
I just received my KRG Bravo chassis for the 10/22.  Receiver is a newer Ruger.  Barrel is a .920 KSA and trigger pack is a Timney Calvin Elite.  

It went together fairly painlessly--just had to swap the A and B spacers to free-float the barrel and a doubled business card slides freely.

My only question is the amount of side to side movement on the barrel.  With only 20 in/lbs (manufacturer's recommended torque), the barrel moves fairly easily side to side--less than 5 lbs of pressure is enough that the barrel contacts the aluminum bedding block.  Is this normal, or do I need to look deeper into this?
View Quote

I don't know if this is normal, but that was my experience with the KRG Bravo and an OEM Ruger action. I don't see any way to mitigate this other than installing a rear tang screw.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply--I'm gonna shoot it awhile before I start making any radical changes.  I'm probably fretting over nothing--but I've got other chassis that don't allow this much movement and wanted to see if others have seen the same....and sounds like you have.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently created    RimfireBenchrestForm.com        https://www.rimfirebenchrestforum.com/  

Please become a Member and post your question..   There are many experts that may help answer your question.

Thanks
W L Burger
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like the way that MDT secures 10/22 receivers with a horizontal clamping bolt at the rear of the action.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.

Mine has no movement. In fact, it’s quite a tight fit. My receiver is painted, so that could have some effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top