JP LRP-07

Larue Tactical OBR

LWRC REPR MKll

LMT LMK MWS

SEEKINS SP-10

DANIEL DEFENSE DD5 V4

SIG R716 GEN 2

GAP-10 GEN 2

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
LaRue OBR and PredatOBR are different rifles.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I meant PredatOBR
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
What is your intended use or priorities?

You’ve got a who’s who list of AR players - can’t imagine there is a turd in that group, generally speaking.

Of your list, I’ve only got experience with LaRue. As much as I’d love to have an OBR or tOBR, I couldn’t turn down the price of a UU kit. Bought the Tranquilo suppressor with it and have been tickled shitless.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#4]
JP LRP
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Of those listed I can offer some first hand use opinions.  The LWRC (Gen 1) that I owned was a minute-of-barn weapon.  The only benefit it had was when firing suppressed there was no charging handle therefore no blowback.

LMT, depending on ammo there were feed problems.

The LaRue OBR and PredatOBR are both good systems that I had positive results both accuracy and fit/finish/function.

The LRP-07 is by far my favorite.  It is expensive and HEAVY due to the billet receivers, the brake is very effective.  If I were reaching into the magic safe for 1 .308/7.62X51 caliber weapon of choice for long range it would be this one.  I'm not sure what their wait time is now but you should be able to pick one up on the usual sites.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:41:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALex] [#6]
Because you posted in the Precision Rifles section, I am assuming you are wanting precision.  I have experience with all of the rifles you listed.  Personally, of all the rifles provided in your list, I would say that the LRP-07 is going to be the most accurate system.

I would then go GAP-10 and Seekins Precision.  I wouldn't lump LWRC into anything precision related.  LWRC makes great rifles, just not precision guns.  I would include that most any Larue rifle is going to be more accurate than an LWRC, just not at the same standard as JP, GAP and Seekins.

ETA - depending upon what you're budget is, and will always advocate for JP.  However, Seekins provides an excellent option for the money. My brother owns an SP-10 in 65CM and I have been absolutely thrilled with the accuracy of his rifle, especially when you take into account he paid less than half what I did for my LRP-07.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 1:44:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FALex:
Because you posted in the Precision Rifles section, I am assuming you are wanting precision.  I have experience with all of the rifles you listed.  Personally, of all the rifles provided in your list, I would say that the LRP-07 is going to be the most accurate system.

I would then go GAP-10 and Seekins Precision.  I wouldn't lump LWRC into anything precision related.  LWRC makes great rifles, just not precision guns.  I would include that most any Larue rifle is going to be more accurate than an LWRC, just not at the same standard as JP, GAP and Seekins.

ETA - depending upon what you're budget is, and will always advocate for JP.  However, Seekins provides an excellent option for the money. My brother owns an SP-10 in 65CM and I have been absolutely thrilled with the accuracy of his rifle, especially when you take into account he paid less than half what I did for my LRP-07.
View Quote
This.  I echo literally everything this guy stated.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for JP.  I bought a JP 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and bolt a few years ago.  I had it out at the 200 yard line today.

First 5 shots at 200 yards from a cold bore

Untitled by Adam C, on Flickr" />

5 140 Berger hybrids @200

Untitled by Adam C, on Flickr" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top