Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2021 2:02:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: startrek1761d]
Guys take a $2000 scope, sprays it with a rattle can, coat it with lacquer and then want to sell it for the going rate of a non bubba scope.  On top of that they are too lazy or afraid to take the crap off and tell the potential buyer it
is removable.  If it's so easy to get it off you take it off. I know, i know, nobody is forcing me to buy one.  That is all.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:12:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#1]
I probably would not buy for concern paint would gum up something and solvents to remove could harm something.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Preach on brother.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 2:27:53 AM EDT
[#3]
If you go on places like SnipersHide, painted scopes rarely sell and people are ruthless about telling sellers to strip the paint off the scope.  The only time it’s ever not a problem is when someone does a professional ceracoat/durakote job or a camp dip.  Even then, it’s rare.  The vast majority of people who buy $2k+scopes aren’t painting them.  The very few who do are doing it for no reason other than they think it looks good and trying to be unnecessarily tactical and mimic military snipers (which they themselves are generally not).  Many are military/former military who think it’s extra tacticool, but don’t realize until it’s too late that it does nothing and most people don’t think it looks good and most people consider people who paint premium and alpha tier scopes to be idiots who probably listen to Limp Bizkit or Florida Georgia Line.  Yeah, I said it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I sold a painted scope once, with no issues.

It was that stupid ass Burris XTR II camo, and I painted it black.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnCarter17] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UnaStamus:
If you go on places like SnipersHide, painted scopes rarely sell and people are ruthless about telling sellers to strip the paint off the scope.  The only time it’s ever not a problem is when someone does a professional ceracoat/durakote job or a camp dip.  Even then, it’s rare.  The vast majority of people who buy $2k+scopes aren’t painting them.  The very few who do are doing it for no reason other than they think it looks good and trying to be unnecessarily tactical and mimic military snipers (which they themselves are generally not).  Many are military/former military who think it’s extra tacticool, but don’t realize until it’s too late that it does nothing and most people don’t think it looks good and most people consider people who paint premium and alpha tier scopes to be idiots who probably listen to Limp Bizkit or Florida Georgia Line.  Yeah, I said it.
View Quote

And... that covers scope painting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I painted a NF before. And stripped it before I sold it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top