Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2016 7:56:05 PM EDT
I'm hoping that this is the right section for this. I have a B&C madalist stock that does not have anyway to attach a sling. I have the quick detach type sling swivels with the button. I looked online and have seen guys attach these with a simple had drill and the epoxy that looks to be from home depot. Is this the way they are done? It seems very "not precise" for a rifle that is. Any info would be very helpful. Instead of a hand drill would a drill press be the correct tool? Last, is there specific epoxy to ensure under sling tension that the cups dont pop out? Will be attaching the sling to my belt at times to increase the tension on the sling. Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
i am using the Grovtec thread in qd flush cups. you have to use a fortsner bit and a bottom tap. i plan on threading them in with epoxy to lock them in place.
i am unsure on placement as well. the shape of the forearm on a medalist is shaped differently.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
i planned on adding these grovtec flush bases to my ruger american which has a hollow stock, but i didnt get all the tools i needed, so i will do it next week and will make a video of it.

i will update next week :)
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:37:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sid_79] [#4]
i installed my Grovtec Swivel Bases, im super happy on how it turned out and also with the position i choose ( keep in mind im a lefty ):

i carry the rifle slung across my back with the muzzle facing down, now it rides much higher and the muzzle is better protected against poking the ground especially when i finally get my suppressor.

if you want some detail how i installed them you can watch this youtube video i made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVtc7-_Ztkw
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The base of the cups are cut for a flat head wood screw.  I use DevCon or MarineTex in addition to the woodscrew.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Ironic.. I was about to start a thread on doing just this with my B&C m40 stock.. using the same grovtech cups... ill be watching this..

Thus far I was planning to just drill a hole slightly larger than the cup, then fill it with epoxy and set the cups in to harden..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top