Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2018 7:26:05 PM EDT
I just installed a Magpul Hunter (SA) stock (w/mag well conversion) on a R700 action.  Bolt will close with on an empty chamber but when I insert a .308 snap cap the bolt will not rotate to close.  Any insight ?
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Start gradually loosening the stock bolts until the bolt functions properly.

Then reinstall your original stock and send that mofo back because it doesn't fit your gun it sounds like.

If the bedding blocks are so far off that it torques the action to a point the bolt wont function properly I would have very serious reservations about a replacement.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the front action screw protruding into the action? It may need to be trimmed slightly if so.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MIL_D0T:
Is the front action screw protruding into the action? It may need to be trimmed slightly if so.
View Quote
This is the first thing I would look at as well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Problem solved.  Took a step back an examined the snap-cap.  At first glance it looks fine...it's not.  Thanks for the replies.  At first I thought it was the front stock screw myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top