Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2022 10:21:50 PM EDT
This was attached to a rifle I just got a good deal on.  I can't find any model or serial number on it, or anything other than "Redfield 3x-9x" and the numbers on the power ring and the elevation drum.  It has some sort of range finding retical and it has a BDC elevation drum with nice feeling detents and a zero stop at 200.  What surprised me is that it seems to be FFP because the retical gets bigger with magnification changes.  The image quality is surprisingly clear, just not super bright in the evening light.  Anybody know what model this is or know anything about it?

The retical looks way better than this pic, my phone was struggling with what to focus on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Late 1970's, early 1980's Redfield Metallic Silhouette scope. Ranging reticle similar to the 3X9 used on Remington M40's used during the VN War.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Old Man.  If I'm reading correctly there are 4 different BDC range drums labeled A, B, C and D for these scopes.  Where are they labeled?  I took the drum off and cannot find any markings other than the distance numbers.  

Also, would clicks be 1/2 moa or 1/4 moa?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I am afraid about the only other thing I remember about these scopes (they were available in variable and fixed power models) is that the adjustments were 1/3 moa, not 1/4 or 1/2. I know it's strange, but that was what they went with.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Redfield Accu-Trac
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:
Redfield Accu-Trac
View Quote

That's what it reminds me of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top