Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2017 7:04:09 AM EDT
I installed a 3lb. Velocity single stage trigger in one of my builds a few years ago and thought it was the cat's meow.
Since then, I've completed several more builds and used a RRA National Match 4.5 lb 2 stage in one of them and a LaRue MBT-2S in the other.
I've been shooting the two stage triggered builds quite a bit lately.
I took the rifle with the 3 lb. single stage to the range a few weeks ago and got really frustrated as I started pulling shots prematurely.
It's like my brain-finger coordination is programmed for a two stage now. Anybody else experience this? 
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By alpharomeofifteen:
I installed a 3lb. Velocity single stage trigger in one of my builds a few years ago and thought it was the cat's meow.
Since then, I've completed several more builds and used a RRA National Match 4.5 lb 2 stage in one of them and a LaRue MBT-2S in the other.
I've been shooting the two stage triggered builds quite a bit lately.
I took the rifle with the 3 lb. single stage to the range a few weeks ago and got really frustrated as I started pulling shots prematurely.
It's like my brain-finger coordination is programmed for a two stage now. Anybody else experience this? 
View Quote

It happens.

I've got a Timney 3lb and a CMC 3.5lb in the parts box right now.  I have Geissele high speed match triggers in all precision rifles now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always been a single stage trigger guy. But I just put a Timney 2 stage trigger in my RPR 308 today. 8oz first stage and 1lb second stage, sweeeeeeeeeeet. I have single stage Timney triggers (4lb) in two of my AR rifles and love them. But for target shooting I think I've just been converted to 2 stage!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few 2 stage at about 3lb and one single at 8-10oz. I don't dislike either but when shooting back to back one has to switch modes.

3lbs pull seems like the safety is on coming from the 10oz.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By popnfresh:
I have a few 2 stage at about 3lb and one single at 8-10oz. I don't dislike either but when shooting back to back one has to switch modes.

3lbs pull seems like the safety is on coming from the 10oz.
View Quote
The last HSNM I installed is set at 2lbs.  1.5lb 1st stage, 8oz second stage.  So much easier to shoot at distance than my single stage rifles.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Huber Concepts, if they don't make what you need, ask. Never find a better trigger outside of something like an Anschutz.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:12:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CanNevrHaveEnuffGuns] [#6]
I feel the same way. Have an SSA-E and have used other nice two stage AR triggers and I love them.  With my rifles, I find the single stage is either too heavy, or it's so light that I feel twitchy even touching it.

I've concluded I just prefer two stage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top