Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2018 3:14:57 AM EDT
This rifle was 4 years in the making.  I was finally able to upgrade the mil-spec trigger with a Larue MBT trigger as the finishing touch and consider this build finally finished.  I took her out to the range last week for the first time to see how she performed.  I have shot this before but could not meet eye to eye with the mil-spec trigger.  I had to do something about it and now have the Larue trigger.  This rifle will be my only precision rifle because I consider myself a novice shooter.  All my AR's are SBR and have no interest in long distance shooting.  But I always want and need a precision shooter in my collection just in case it might come in handy for that purpose.

Here are the specs:

Rock River Arms lower receiver
Colt 6920 complete upper receiver
PRI rifle length forearm
PRI rear flip sights
PRI front flip sights
PRI Gas Buster charging handle
VLTOR VC-1 compensator
Larue MBT trigger
Magpul MOE + grip
B5 SOPMOD Bravo stock
KAC trigger guard
Aero Precision scope mount
Leupold VX-R Patrol scope
Harris BRM-S bipod

I know that I started off wrong with a Colt barrel.  But I had this complete upper receiver laying around and decided to do something with it.  Colt barrels IMO are probably the best mil-spec barrel you can get for accuracy.  I'm going to work with what I have or at least try and make it work for me.  I will leave the barrel as is.  To help with accuracy, I put a decent optic, free float rail, and a nice 2 stage trigger using match grade ammo.  The conditions of the 100 yard range was very pleasant.  69 degrees, no wind, sunny, and perfect.  I was using Prvi Partizan 75 gr .223 BTHP ammo.  Not really considered a first choice to many, but I'm sold on the price of the ammo.  I think that it performed well for me, but precision standards would say it is mediocre.  Its not going to get any better than this but I'm okay with that.

I don't know why this is the only pic of my rifle, but I had to take a picture of my turret settings so I know what a 100m zero is

This was on the lowest setting on my scope (3x)

average on highest setting on my scope (9x)
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 5:52:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good.

IMI 77 grain and 69 grain as well as Magtech have given me better results than the PPU for around the same price.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:40:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top