Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2022 8:56:26 PM EDT
I have a shit ton of heavy 6mm bullets and a slightly smaller stash of heavy 6.5 bullets. I'm looking to pick up a rifle, just curious about what seems to be the go to round that everyone is using. I wont be shooting any factory ammo, so that is not a consideration.

B
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Dasher, GT or BRA are the hotties but you can go Creedmoor too. Up to you.
View Quote

So everyone is shooting 6s. The Seekins comes in the ctgs that I was most interested in (the GT) but the DD rifle I was looking at comes stock in 6.5 Creedmoor and 6 Creedmoor. If you had to choose between the two versions of Creedmoor, would you go with the 6? Looks like it has the same capacity as a 6XC that I'm familiar with.

B
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Rob01:

Are you set on buying a factory rifle?
View Quote

Not really, but I was thinking about it. Is the production class popular like USPSA?

I have a lot of tools and thought about getting an action but didn't want to spend the time sourcing all kinds of parts, and then run into availability issues. I looked at Zermat and a few stocks but I kinda already have too many project guns. I do have a 26" barreled AR in 6mm FATRAT (souped up 6 ARC) that would work but it would probably go subsonic before it gets to 1K. Honestly, I should probably just use that. It will shoot 107 Sierras out of the magazine.

I have a shit load of Sierra 142s as well, but my understanding was that lower recoiling ctgs were preferred.

B
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey thanks for your insights. I didn't realize that about production class, so that kind of changes my perspective.

B
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Based on your situation, a 6mm cartridge makes sense. There are some factory rifles that are very good from places like Masterpiece Arms and GA Precision as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Just get a AT-X and shoot 6.5 a while or sell the barrel for $600 and get a 6gt or cm

Or put 4 parts together.
Lone peak or terminus action
Prefit barrel in 6gt or 6cm (factory ammo for both )
Trigger of your choice
Stock of your choice.

Easy

Oh and dry fire a lot and buy a waxed canvas schmedium game changer

Don’t expect to place high for a long time. Is a blast.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Burt_GGummer:
Just get a AT-X and shoot 6.5 a while or sell the barrel for $600 and get a 6gt or cm

Or put 4 parts together.
Lone peak or terminus action
Prefit barrel in 6gt or 6cm (factory ammo for both )
Trigger of your choice
Stock of your choice.

Easy

Oh and dry fire a lot and buy a waxed canvas schmedium game changer

Don’t expect to place high for a long time. Is a blast.
View Quote

Yeah those are a little too rich for my blood. I have a friend that has a Delta 5 I'm going to look at, but I really changed my mind on this. Rather than get a gun, I'm going to shoot what I have.  I just ordered a 15" Geissele Mk 4 rail and a new gas block. I need to get a couple of more doo dads and I should be good to go. I do have to get a bag. What about that Git-Lite filler, is it worth the extra $50?

I've done a fair amount of long range competitive shooting in other disciplines. I have no illusions, as the skills are quite different.

B  
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Don’t do fit lite. Standard or heavy. And waxed.

The YouTube and Snipershide have some helpful training vids

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Screw that delta 5 wanna be.

Save just a bit more get a legit been there done that rifle

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-pmr-competition-rifle/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top