Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2021 6:47:10 PM EDT
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNYDX51?tag=arfcom00-20

So, some of the synthetic fill I see seems to be listed by oz/cup, but I don't know what that means with regards to a shooting bag.  I also am hesitant to cut my existing bags and potentially ruin them until I have a better Idea what my plan is.  I am not asking what is the best, what I am interested in is comparisons and opinions of fill and its characteristics.  What is the difference between the way a bag works by varying the actual size of the fill, from sand to airsoft bbs to plastic marbles.  What does irregular shaped vs uniform fill do for you?   What about the density of the fill material, from sand to marbles?  If the answer is just go get a walmart beanbag chair and cut it up, so be it, but I would like to discuss options.

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been using aquarium gravel for 30 years or so. The stuff that looks about the size of shelled pistachios. Works great and has never given me any problems. Make bags for new shooters and as gifts.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive always preferred a uniform medium in a squeeze bag. Airsoft BB's specifically.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, take a look here, they have very affordable high quality bags...hard to beat unless you are dead set on making your own..I have 4 bags from them and all 4 are excellent and fill a need...

https://triadtactical.com/bean-bags-shooting-rests/
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Started making my own bags years back and have used poly pellets aka doll fill for years. It’s what a vast majority of commercial bags use. Heavy enough to form and be stable but not overly heavy like sand. Also impervious to the elements and won’t mold if wet or attack rodents and bugs like some of the edible fills people use.
View Quote

I'm no expert shooter, but happened to scroll across this thread. The highlighted section above is a good point and should definitely be considered depending on your use and where you store your stuff.

I had some of my stuff in a storage unit while we were between houses once. Damn rodents chewed a big hole through the top of my nice 5.11 range bag and feasted on the bag I had made from and old pair of jeans and filled with rice. Nothing really of importance in the bag but was not cheap and I kinda liked that bag.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
OP, take a look here, they have very affordable high quality bags...hard to beat unless you are dead set on making your own..I have 4 bags from them and all 4 are excellent and fill a need...

https://triadtactical.com/bean-bags-shooting-rests/
View Quote

Triad Tactical makes good stuff.  My bag selection is converging to stuff I’ve bought from Triad and some homemade bags with poly fill beads.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I use sand, beans would be better but I’m concerned with insect or rodent damage.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I ended up buying this stuff:
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

As a VOLUME reference, 25 pounds fits almost perfectly in a 5 gallon bucket.   This stuff is very similar to the fill that comes in a heavy fill Schmedium.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:53:18 AM EDT
[#10]
corn in old blue jean pant leg
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I get all of the .22 hulls I want from the range I RSO at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top