Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2021 2:03:16 PM EDT
Hi guys I have a Remington 700 in 308 which I don’t shoot all that much. I want to change the stock back to more of a mountain stock as opposed to a tactical/varmint style. Can anyone tell me what brand and model my stock and bottom metal are? I’m fairly confident with the H-S stock, I think it’s a PST035 with a home made cheek piece. What about the bottom metal? I’m leaning Badger Ordnance but the trigger guard is throwing me off. Maybe a Pacific Tool and Gauge? Thanks in advance. I did add the stock texture and paint if that matters.

Link Posted: 3/31/2021 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The bottom metal looks like accurate mags stuff to me with just a magpul mag stuck in it...

https://accurate-mag.com/shop/bottom-metals/remington-short-action-bottom-metal-kit/
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
The bottom metal looks like accurate mags stuff to me with just a magpul mag stuck in it...

https://accurate-mag.com/shop/bottom-metals/remington-short-action-bottom-metal-kit/
View Quote

The trigger guard looks right, the roll pin position still looks a little off from mine, and my serrations on the mag release are on the outside as opposed to the inside that it looks like from that product page. It’s also anodized in a gray color not sure if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else have a clue?
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#5]
My guess would be Pacific Tool, a copy of the Badger M5 footprint.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you are correct on the stock, the buttpad should say HS Precision on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top