Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2020 3:55:20 PM EDT
Hey everyone. It has been a minute since I have been on here, but I am struggling with finding a stock for my rifle so I figured I would come to the best. Anyways, I have a Voere Model 7000 chambered in 300 win mag that I inherited from my grandfather. When he gave it to me before he passed away he told me that the stock wasn't original and a buddy of his had made a new one for him. I have been looking for replacement stock as the custom one isn't of high quality. The wood is cracked right along the spine, the swivel stud is not centered, and the rifle juust feels loose in the stock. I am not too familiar with customizing bolt actions so I am struggling with where to begin. Do all rifles based on a Mauser action(I believe that this rifle is Mauser action) all fit into the same stocks? Or am I going to have to get a custom stock made? Thank you guys in advance for any help. I can provide pictures if necessary. Also if there is a better sub forum to post this in let me know, I can re-post somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to know what action it is, not just guess at it. If you can, post some pictures.

Some rifles are better left "as is" if it's all original. Value drops significantly depending on what you do. Don't get rid of the original stock if you decide to swap it out.

A friend of mine got a custom Mauser rechambered in .308 as a gift from a senior relative who no longer wanted it. It's an amazing work of art with the stock hand checkered by an unknown European master gunsmith. I encouraged him not to modify it in any way. It has the German style twist off scope and mount.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
You need to know what action it is, not just guess at it. If you can, post some pictures. 

Some rifles are better left "as is" if it's all original. Value drops significantly depending on what you do. Don't get rid of the original stock if you decide to swap it out. 

A friend of mine got a custom Mauser rechambered in .308 as a gift from a senior relative who no longer wanted it. It's an amazing work of art with the stock hand checkered by an unknown European master gunsmith. I encouraged him not to modify it in any way. It has the German style twist off scope and mount.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. The original stock is long gone. If I remember correctly he said it snapped in half after an airline mishandled it when he flew out for a hunting trip. As for the measurements, the action screws are 8.25 inches apart, the magazine is a two pieced floor plate, and it is a long action since it is .300 win mag. After doing some research I am wondering if a Ruger 77 MKii stock would work with maybe minimum modification?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks closer to a Weatherby Vanguard action than a Ruger M77.  You'd have to get some measurements to be sure.  

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/  would be a cheap way to get into a stock that you could modify to fit, if you're looking for a project.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top