Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2019 7:53:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rothperson87]
I have no idea what’s going on. I was just trying to do a quick mock up with the receiver, rail and barrel but the rail will only screw on about 3/4 the way and seize up. When I screw the rail on without the barrel in the barrel extension it goes on all the way with little to no effort. The receiver is an old Genesis with a Kac EC barrel and kac urx II rail. Anyone have any suggestions?

ETA: another thought, does the barrel extension on the receiver "flex" when you screw on the rail or barrel nut? Is the barrel in the extension preventing it from flexing to allow the rail to screw on? Only reason I ask is because the barrel has a little wiggle in the extension without the rail but is rock solid with the rail partially screwed on.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the barrel have a heavy profile down at the chamber end, possibly too wide for the inner diameter of the rail somewhere?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Does the barrel have a heavy profile down at the chamber end, possibly too wide for the inner diameter of the rail somewhere?
View Quote
It’s a heavy profile but there’s plenty of room for the rail to go over the barrel. A factory kac EC and EMC uses this barrel/ rail combo.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 7:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#3]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
It’s a heavy profile but there’s plenty of room for the rail to go over the barrel. A factory kac EC and EMC uses this barrel/ rail combo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
Originally Posted By D_Man:
i think the question is:
with the barrel unattached, not on the upper receiver, does the barrel nut (or rail if the barrel nut is integral to the rail) slide onto the barrel all the way down to the barrel extension flange, and spin freely on the BE flange?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:

i think the question is:
with the barrel unattached, not on the upper receiver, does the barrel nut (or rail if the barrel nut is integral to the rail) slide onto the barrel all the way down to the barrel extension flange, and spin freely on the BE flange?
View Quote
Yessir
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top