Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2018 10:05:38 PM EDT
I recently came into possession of this rifle and need assistance identifying what it is and what the value is. Pictures below and here is what I know.

1. Caliber 6mm PPC
2. Remington Action
3. Model XP100 Sleeved
4. Build by Harvey Miller of Miller Custom Rifles in San Leandro CA
5. Looks like a Jewl trigger
6. Built in 1981

So what can anyone tell me, and what would i reasonably be able to sell it for? Where would I even sell such a specific item?

Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:23:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info, maybe someone else will know a bit more about it. Kinda sad, I know the cost to build that thing way back then was around $5,000 but i guess these things just don't hold value.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]
To bad the turkey shoots are a thing of the past. That rifle would be perfect. I’d shoot it and if it shoots as good as it looks organize some pot shoots and see if I could take my buddies money. I have no idea the value not many BR matches here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Benchrest folks are a pretty picky group when it comes to the gear they use. If you have an accurate round count on the BBL, that would help. The caliber is great, but lack of easily available factory ammo or brass reduces the potential market even further. You could always try and sell it on the EE, otherwise as another poster already the benchrest forums may be another good option.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful rifle but like mentioned, old technology.

Accurateshooter.com is a good forum for these type of discussions and I have seen guys list similar rifles for $2,000 then get surprised when they don't sell.  Others on that forum will chime in about all the changes in technology since these old beauties were built.  The same thing is happening in the precision rifle world right now as things progress.

6PPC is a great caliber for benchrest and varmints but nowadays many are playing the long range game.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
You will get more if you remove the scope and sell them separately.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:23:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hk9403006] [#7]
Go here:
http://theshooterscorner.com/files/2018/08/The-Shooters-Corner-2018-Benchrest-Rifles-Revised1.output.pdf

Bob White 973-663-5159

I know this guy personally for over 20 years. He shoots all over the world and builds bench rest rifles.
I don't what every one is talking about old technology. The 6ppc is the most used round in benchrest.
The sleeved xp100 action is not the top of the line in rifles but still should be a great shooter.
Is there any markings on the bbl. as to neck diameter?
Most of the bench rest 6ppc guns have a tight neck, needing the brass to be neck turned.
Most common is .262". If it will take factory ammo I would try some, you should be surprised at the accuracy.
If it has a tight neck you will need brass that has been neck turned. He has used as well as new neck turned brass.

edit 3:43
Is that a 36X fixed power scope? If so it will bring about $450+/-.
I doubt that cost $5000.00 to build look at the price list on the pdf above. There are many rifles that have $1000.00 actions (Nesica Bay,BAT,Stolle, Shilen) and the build price is less than $3500.00.
Remember a custom rifle is like a custom bike, it doesn't matter how much it cost to make, you will not get back your money unless someone has the same taste.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for all the info everyone I really appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top