Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2018 5:26:45 PM EDT
Look interesting. Anyone gotten their hands on one? thoughts?

Brownells 22 receiver
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#1]
tag for info.
I'd love to build up a sweet 10/22
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking of pairing one of those with a Wilson Combat barrel.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Friend has posted in a couple of other threads, armory section 10/22 and silencers, but his is cut on the loose side which is a bad for accuracy imo. Apparently he confirmed this with Brownells so I'd go in another direction if you want to build a tack driver.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put my Brownell's receiver together today.  I had to fit the KIDD ultra-lightweight barrel to it as it was too tight.  As far as accuracy, I was shooting one hole groups at 25 yards, could not stretch it further due to a busy range. The complaint on the $10 FFL handling fee I can live with as they did not charge for shipping and as a bonus I received a V-block and screws as well.  Can't explain that one as their add doesn't say they're included.  Overall I am at least happy with my purchase.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jmarkma:
Friend has posted in a couple of other threads, armory section 10/22 and silencers, but his is cut on the loose side which is a bad for accuracy imo. Apparently he confirmed this with Brownells so I'd go in another direction if you want to build a tack driver.
View Quote
Based on every other report, your friend got a bad barrel. Sounds like if anything, these tend to be a bit too tight.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:27:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Built one a week ago. Very nice receiver. Was tight on the tac sol barrel. Had to do a little polishing work to get it to go in. New v block was a nice supprise as well. Overall I am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
So it appears that I am not the only one with a very tight fit barrel to receiver. To oil and emery cloth to the receive to get it to fit right. Still very tight.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By confused89:
So it appears that I am not the only one with a very tight fit barrel to receiver. To oil and emery cloth to the receive to get it to fit right. Still very tight.
View Quote
Just got mine yesterday and the fit was exceptionally loose. It almost felt like there was no contact between the barrel and receiver. Disappointing to say the least after reading all these posts.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bpb165:
I just put my Brownell's receiver together today.  I had to fit the KIDD ultra-lightweight barrel to it as it was too tight.  As far as accuracy, I was shooting one hole groups at 25 yards, could not stretch it further due to a busy range. The complaint on the $10 FFL handling fee I can live with as they did not charge for shipping and as a bonus I received a V-block and screws as well.  Can't explain that one as their add doesn't say they're included.  Overall I am at least happy with my purchase.
View Quote
Putting the barrel in the freezer for awhile & having a heat gun to warn up the front of the receiver is an old trick that helps with installing tight barrels.

My .02
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Built two of them. One, the GM barrel needed light tapping with a 2x4 chunk to seat the receiver. The other one with a Ruger T barrel hand fit easily. Both show about a 10% increase in accuracy though over the previous host receivers so far. Is it a Kidd? No, but it's retarded to make the comparison for a $89 receiver to a $300 receiver, everyone wants something for nothing......

To me, it's a no brainer for $89. I mean really, one of the biggest problems in a Ruger receiver is their shitty scope base attachment. I have seen MANY that were stripped out over the years- this solves that problem. Plus you get a rear cleaning hole. You can sell your old receiver for $50-$60 and be in this for less than $30 and never have to worry about a screw stripping out etc....worth it just for that alone to me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
hi all I am looking at the same thing
however I cam across some Ruger receivers too for sale at Sapoutfitters.com
wondering what I should get, don't have the cash for a Kidd but this should do
thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bpb165:
View Quote
Is the brownells receiver threaded for the barrel or slip fit like the kidd receivers?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top