Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2018 11:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Astounding amount of very useful information in one place.

Thank you OP!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:17:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent job
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Dig it. Thank him very much.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for sharing!

With that being said, it’s important to verify specs against their chart. The first one I looked up was the Primary Arms ACSS 4-14x. I love that scope, especially the reticle, and have been running them for a few years now.

The adjustment range of 60 MOA stated on the chart was a bit curious. The ones I own were spec’d at 35 MILs of adjustment range. That’s a significant discrepancy.

Now, I bought mine back when they only had 1 or 2 models available. So something may have changed along the way. When checking the PA website, it appears that might be the case. Currently, they have 17.5 MILs of adjustment listed; which would be pretty close to the equivalent of 60 MOA. At the same time, if for some reason PA is listing the adjustment range in a single direction, from mechanical zero, it’d equal 35 MILs of total travel.

So much for my recommendation to verify elsewhere; as I’m even more perplexed than I was initially

At least PA is active on the forum. Maybe they’ll see this and chime in to confirm.

FWIW, the few other specs they had listed looked to be accurate. Regardless, I still love my ACSS scopes. They’ve served me quite well, and I’ve never run out of elevation. It’s not common to have a FFP, MIL/MIL, illuminated reticle scope with good glass for under $300. The only thing it’s “lacking” is a zero stop. But that’s just not something you’ll find on an optic in that price range.

The cool thing is, I found a way to add a zero stop. It requires no permanent modifications, and cost me less than a dollar. Frankly, the same can likely be done with scopes from other brands. All that’s required to be able give it a shot is a removable turret; which is very common.

TL;DR - I appreciate OP sharing this resource...and I apparently have too much free time on my hands to ponder/investigate random stuff that really doesn’t matter
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag for interest.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I ran across this list about a week ago while researching new optics.  Very comprehensive list. Good enough to be tacked to the top of the forum.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:37:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:

Lol... wait until you watch the DeWalt v. Milwaukee cordless drill test... the guy connects them and pulls the triggers...
View Quote
If we’re talking about AvE...BDTD
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I made a big change: the list is now sorted by price (previously sorted by brand). This puts the similar scopes near each other in the list. Enjoy!

Master list of FFP long range rifle scopes
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Updated for 2019, dozens of new FFP long range scopes and a slew of new reticles, including

Athlon Midas BTR Gen2
Bushnell Nitro and Forge
Crimson Trace (whole new line up of optics)
Eotech Vudu
Meopta Optika6
Riton RTS Mod 7
Leupold Mark5HD MOA models and 7-35x56
Vortex Diamondback Tactical

https://sageratsafaris.com/2018/06/16/master-list-ffp-long-range-rifle-scopes/
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SageRatSafaris:
Updated for 2019, dozens of new FFP long range scopes and a slew of new reticles, including

Athlon Midas BTR Gen2
Bushnell Nitro and Forge
Crimson Trace (whole new line up of optics)
Eotech Vudu
Meopta Optika6
Riton RTS Mod 7
Leupold Mark5HD MOA models and 7-35x56
Vortex Diamondback Tactical

https://sageratsafaris.com/2018/06/16/master-list-ffp-long-range-rifle-scopes/
View Quote
Holy shit man!  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top