Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2018 5:30:16 PM EDT
Great day of shooting. Any time at the range is better than work,  far better.

Chrony'd some shots and thought I'd share the info if anyone is interested. I'm really liking this round. Rifle is nice.  Now that it's set,  time to lock it all down. Buttpad on the XLR came a little loose and shifted to the side.  No big deal,  quick tighten fixed it. Only thing still looking to swap out is the trigger.  Anyway,  on to the data...

Atmospheric:82.6 F
33.6% H
30.01 inHg (sea level)
Wind calm

Avg on 15 shots was 3096 fps. Barrel is new, total of 60 rounds through it. 22" Wilson Combat Match Super Sniper profile (I prefer heavier profiles).
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucken 80 degrees??? Wtf peckerwood!
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By whiplash11:
Fucken 80 degrees??? Wtf peckerwood!
View Quote

Yup,  that's the way it is down here. Nice sunny and warm. Sorry man...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
What bullet?
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 6:05:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wile_coyote] [#4]
Originally Posted By whiplash11:
What bullet?
View Quote
Oh sorry,  Hornady Match ammo.  108g ELD match.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
That is a fast barrel. The 108 factory is 3010fps in my 28" and 2865fps in my team mate's 26".
View Quote
Ya,  gonna chrono a lot more.  Velocities seemed high to me.  Last five increased,  chamber was heating up as I didn't give it much cooling time on them.

Next time I go out I'll post up the data.  Maybe the chrony was off. I want to get a magnetospeed to use as a primary.  Not one
Shot was at the 2960 published on the box.  All were above 3000. Makes me think maybe chrony,  but it didn't throw any errors at all. Just have to check the next box.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top