Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2019 11:15:34 PM EDT
I had a Choate varmint stock with a blind mag inletted for an aics DBM.  This stock does have an aluminum skeleton molded into it for rigidity.   After the inletting here is very little aluminum left in the magwell area on chassis sides.  I am a bit concerned that there will be some movement in the stock flexing when shooting possibly distorting the action causing accuracy issues.  I would like to epoxy the bottom metal into the chassis to re-strengthen it and bond the two together permanently.  Thus using the sides of the DBM as a replacement for the chassis skeleton.

Other than never being able to remove the metal is there any reason that I shouldn't be able to epoxy one into a stock?  Its a done deal at this point and there is no going back, and i don't  care about resale value.  Thanks for any advise.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
No worries
You can epoxy it in if you're never going to take it out. The only think I would suggest is a good degreasing of the DBM so the epoxy has a better chance of sticking.
You can us JB weld but you'll have a short work time. MarineTex will give you more time. It's always better to use JB Weld or MarineTex than straight epoxy but straight epoxy would be fine.

What you're planning is something that would freak most people out. Not me though. Any gun is just a tool to be used. Mod it to do the job and don't look back.

I have a small custom gun shop and can inlet for a DBM but it's all done on a manual machine. Looking at getting a CNC machine and writing the g-code to inlet. Is there much of a market for this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top