Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2018 12:11:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sschefer]
I put a SSA in my 6.5 Grendel and a SSA-E in my 5.56 precision AR. Both of these triggers are two stage. I found the SSA way to stiff in the second stage for my liking. I kept waiting for the break and by the time it came I was off target. My opinion is that it's probably not a bad hunting trigger where you tend to just get on target and pull but not if you are holding on a target and squeezing the trigger slowly. I ended up pulling most of my shots because I couldn't tell when it was going to break. The SSA-E broke much better and I knew when it was going to go but it was a little stiffer then I personally like in a precision rifle. This was the second time I've been to the range with these triggers and I walked away both times feeling the same about them.

I'm going to put the SSA-E in the Grendel. I think it will do well there and I'll go back to my favorite Elfman in the precision rifle. Don't get me wrong, Geissele makes a great trigger but triggers are as personal as underwear and these just don't fit me right. I have an Elfman sitting on the bench that came out of an old precision lower and I really liked it. If I didn't have it I'd be tempted to try one of the Geissele more competition minded triggers for the precision rifle. To be clear, the trigger is good but I chose the wrong one based on the web description.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:19:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you need a DMR in the Precision rifle and the SSA-E in your 6.5G.

My SBRs have SSAs as they are generally better for a duty rifle.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 1:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]
You found out Geissele triggers perform exactly as they are designed to perform.

The SSA is a precision-capable combat trigger; the SSA-E is a combat-capable precision trigger.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, there is nothing wrong with the Geissele triggers, in fact I really like them, I just picked the wrong one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the DMR but since gotten rid of it, i prefer the SSA. I now have AS A or G2S in my ARs and a couple of Armalites which is close to the SSA.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I swapped the SSA-E into the 6.5 Grendel and put an Elfman, set at 2.1 average over 5 pulls, in the hot rod. The Elfman is the kind of trigger that you never put your finger on until you are on target. Nobody but me will ever shoot this rifle and I'm probably one of the most cautious shooters on the range so it's all good. I ran this trigger in another rifle and it is super crisp, probably too crisp for the other one but I think it's going to be perfect in the hot rod..
The Hot Rod:

FYI that's a close up shot of the upper right target on a 12x12 100 yard target. The red is the size of a dime. I've posted this about 1/2 dozen times because I'm pretty proud of the rifle that I built.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top