Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 12:04:15 AM EDT
Hey Folks,

I have a wonderful 10/22 rifle in a sweet custom target chassis. However I'm looking for a good front/rear bag set up and maybe to drill/tap the stock for a bi-pod. Any advice on what to get for it?

Cheers!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By bobsaid:
Hey Folks,

I have a wonderful 10/22 rifle in a sweet custom target chassis. However I'm looking for a good front/rear bag set up and maybe to drill/tap the stock for a bi-pod. Any advice on what to get for it?

Cheers!
View Quote

I have a Harris swiveling bipod with a pod lock. Triad Tactical has them along with some nice bean bag rear rests. I like the round rear rests the best.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:48:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50-140] [#2]
I'm putting together a 10/22 with all Kidd parts and a Feddersen barrel, going into a Predator Raptor stock.

I'm going with either flush cups, two in the front, one for a stud to mount a Harris bipod, the other for a sling swivel in addition to one in the buttstock.  

The other option I might go with is a three inch picticanny rail in front, I have a Versa Pod bipod with a picatinny head, so I could mount that on part of the rail and have enough rail to mount a picatinny sling swivel.

As far as a rear bag,  I made one out of a blue jeans pant leg and poly pellets, it weighs about two lbs. not hard to make and rather than spend money for. bag, you can buy ammo

Just some ideas for you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have all sorts of bipods and bags.  

Without knowing what you are trying to do, take a look at the Caldwell Precision Turret.  I just sighted in several rifles on one and I like it a lot.  It sucks dicking around with sandbags when you are trying to get shit done.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:07:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Harris brms for good but inexpensive. Atlas CAL for an expensive option.

I like the Armageddon X wing rear bag and the Triad tactical wedge bag.

Any combination of the above can yield SubMOA results if the shooter and gun are capable. Other things work, but I prefer to practice with what I’d actually use in the field.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top