Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2019 9:15:24 PM EDT
I have some Fiocchi 223 once fired brass that i saved, as i was prepping this brass i noticed most of it has primer holes off center, will this have a detrimental effect if used ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If it worked for the original cartridge, a reloaded one should be fine.  As long as the decapping pin doesn't break.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:52:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#2]
Probably a higher SD of velocity.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have some PMC brass like that and was able to load accurate ammo.  Doesn't seem like it would be ideal though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been using it for blasting ammo the last couple of years with no issues.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:52:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#5]
Originally Posted By hapjack:
I have some Fiocchi 223 once fired brass that i saved, as i was prepping this brass i noticed most of it has primer holes off center, will this have a detrimental effect if used ?

Thanks
View Quote
How did depriming go?  Any difficulties?  Break/bend any decapping pins?  If you didn't, they can't be THAT off center...  They worked just fine when the factory loaded them and they'll do the same when you load them!
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Use it for blasting ammo, not for precision and you'll be fine.

Some of the worst brass I've ever seen was 1960's IVI Canadian M80 ball 7.62x51mm. I don't think any of the primer holes were centered. It had other problems too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Reorx:
How did depriming go?  Any difficulties?  Break/bend any decapping pins?  If you didn't, they can't be THAT off center...  They worked just fine when the factory loaded them and they'll do the same when you load them!
View Quote
I'm using a Lyman universal decapping die, im leaving the decapping pin slightly loose so it can wiggle a bit
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I've noticed the same thing with other Fiocchi stuff that was given to me by a friend. It will become plinking ammo if I ever run out of good brass.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:18:48 AM EDT
[#9]
One warning if you use a trimmer like the Lee quick trim. Those off center holes can break the tip off of the trim stud

Otherwise I haven't seen any issues but ive never used it for any precison loads
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:49:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#10]
Nvmd.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pumpkinheaver:
I’ve been using it for blasting ammo the last couple of years with no issues.
View Quote
This. I haven't had any problems. I have been using a lee decapper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top