Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2020 9:07:44 PM EDT
It seems that fine crosshair high-powered target scope options are becoming more difficult to find. I've looked and own some of the leupold VX3 series with their target dot and fine crosshair models. I like them but even they are becoming harder to find. Are there any other options out there I don't want cheap barska or tasco stuff but not a $1,500 optic either
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
500-600 somewhere in this area.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Weaver T-series are the shiznit. I use T-24 and T-36. They're fixed power so keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya I've looked through them but it seems that Weaver is falling out of the scope market.  Has anyone heard is Weaver going to hang around
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah. They'll be around a good while. I see where your concern comes from with Nikon's sudden exit from the market but that's probably a good choice on their part because their business market was never weapon centric so they could never be as efficient as more focused companies and they didn't really ever innovate in scopes which is where the market went. When Nikon started in the market they were one of the top choices and it was their ability to make relatively simple but high quality scopes that got them into the market. It was a smaller market then with a lot fewer specialized features in common public use. Weaver is one of those brands that's very much shooting sports centric and has pretty much always been and they don't have to rely on innovation but on low price point for their high margin volume sales and they can afford to make their margins more slender for the high end stuff, especially since there's a very limited market space for the kind of competition oriented scopes they make. If you're worried about service/support I think you shouldn't spend a lot of sweat on that. Of the >100 Weaver T series I see regularly on the match lines, none have ever needed service and they get their knobs twisted A LOT. Keep in mind, target scope means target scope. They're not meant to be bashed around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top