Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2019 11:43:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Unicron]
Bud of mine reported that he is rifle is not shooting as well with the newer red boxed (has a picture of a rifle on it) GMM ammo.
Didn't think much of it until i tried a box of it yesterday evening, and noticed I wasn't grouping as well; could just be the shooter...but wished i had brought some of the orange boxed so I could directly compare.
Anyone know if the newer red boxed ammo different somehow?
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't had the greatest results with the newer packaging, but the margin of error was small enough that I chalked it up to environmentals and the nut behind the trigger.

Haven't been out to shoot long range lately, but I think I also had an excess of copper fouling.

308 175gr loads for me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have shot very well with the 185g Berger in the new box(dont think it was ever available in the old box).

That said I had 1 lot that seemed to have a large ES and I could feel the bolt was harder to close on my Tikka. 1mil of vertical spread at 1,000 yards.

The new yellow box Berger brand has been better than any FGMM that I have or have had.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ARShooter91:
I have shot very well with the 185g Berger in the new box(dont think it was ever available in the old box).

That said I had 1 lot that seemed to have a large ES and I could feel the bolt was harder to close on my Tikka. 1mil of vertical spread at 1,000 yards.

The new yellow box Berger brand has been better than any FGMM that I have or have had.
View Quote
I couldn't get the 185 bergers to group worth a shit

Probably just my rifle. Shot 175s just fine before and after. I really wanted them to work too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top