Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2018 9:12:45 AM EDT
Hey guys.

I reload 5.56 often, but I have the opportunity to attend a PRS match soon and won't have time to workup a load before hand. I have a range trip scheduled to visit a 1000 yard range to get my dope and prep the rifle and then a few weeks later a PRS match.

Which factory .308 loads would you recomend for someone on a time crunch? I want a few product recomendations that I can use for the match and I am not too concerned with sub moa Gold Medal loads, as the first trip to a match will be feeling out how things flow so something with more bang for the buck would be preferable. I will be keeping the brass to reload and make a better round when I have the time to work it up.

Thanks! Its going through a AR10.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:48:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARShooter91] [#2]
Rob01

Does your bolt ever stick after shooting those from your bolt gun? Thought about trying some in my Tikka.

OP
I'd try some of the 185g Bergers if they fit in your mag and you have a 1:11 or faster twist.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:30:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I had pretty good results from Prvi 155gr match. IIRC sgammo has them for like $13/box. They were around 1.5moa in my bergara. Excellent price/accuracy ratio.

So far that rifle prefers 175gr SMK loads, with FGMM being the best. They shoot less than a minute for less than 5 shots, and between me not being the best shooter to start, eyes getting tired, and heat, open up to about 1.1 by the 10th shot. I believe a better shooter could use that rifle/ammo and hold it around .75..

I think if I was going to do a PRS at my skill level, the prvi will do the trick.

My barrel didn't care for the hornady loads. They were all at least 1.25, pushing 1.5, and the same price as FGMM, if not more.

The fiocchi SMK loads shot as good as the other brands using the same bullet (both 168 and 175). Ditto for IMI razorcore.

I tested a box of fiocchi 165gr SGK, and they did about 1.5. Bought a few more boxes to keep on hand since they're actual "killing stuff" bullets.

I wish i had my logbook handy, but I'm out of town right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top