Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2020 3:35:51 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying a used FN PBR with the 18 inch barrel with a factory brake, a gray/black synthetic stock with two sling studs up front, and a detachable box mag.  What can the hive mind tell me about these? Is this a good rifle to buy hoping for a pretty accurate one? I will probably use it for recreational target shooting out to probably 500 yards. What's a used one in good shape worth? thanks!
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on the price....

IIRC they weren't that great.  They were kind of a "low budget" FN SPR.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Trumpet:

View Quote

How's $650 sound?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on wear, seems like a pretty good price.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#4]
is it the standard PBR or the PBR XP?

The XP model uses the same bolt and action as the SPR but had a cheaper barrel.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 12:29:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 1086Cowboy:

How's $650 sound?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1086Cowboy:
Originally Posted By Trumpet:

How's $650 sound?

At that price I'd buy it just for the action. Old  trigger CRF M70 actions aren't that easy to find at a good price.

My 300WSM PBR shoots well enough. My load work ups with 155 Nosler Custom Comps went from 1/2"-7/8". I haven't loaded the best load up again to confirm that it's actually a 1/2" load but it sure has promise. Mine has a 1-12" twist barrel which kind of sucks but it's a donor action in the end when I get around to it. It's bedded in a Boyd's laminate stock FWIW.

They're not for everyone. They don't have the aftermarket support that 700s and clones do but there is enough out there. McMillan makes stocks for them though and that's the big part.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#6]
They are nice guns but nobody is buying 308.  $500 would be a fair price.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Loved that gun. They also had a 16’inch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top