Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2021 10:05:40 AM EDT
This is the best section I could think to ask this question.

What do you guys recommend for quality, clarity, and protection for shooting with optics?

I have used the basic clear glasses you can get at the sporting goods store and tinted safety glasses.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Recommend Wiley-X
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gamboolman:
Recommend Wiley-X
View Quote

Second that. I picked up a pair from Midway a few years ago on sale. Came with 3 different lenses and a nice case to haul it all in.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Smith Optics for me.

Link Posted: 4/5/2021 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Wiley-x I wore them non rx for years and now wear them in rx daily.

They hold up better than Oakley hands down

Need to swing buy the eye doctor and get an updated check and order a new set.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Smith Optics, Wiley-X, Revision, or Rudy Project are the top brands I’ve used.  Oakley really don’t have a very good product anymore and haven’t for a while.  I’ve used Oakley for years and I’ve found that they’re not producing anything that somebody else doesn’t make better.  The aforementioned brands all work very well and I tend to think they gear their glasses towards shooters the most.

That being said, if I’m shooting precision rifle through a scope, particularly from a bolt gun, I don’t wear eye pro.  Eye pro tends to cause issues with resolution when shooting at distance.  If the situation allows at the range, you’re fine going without eye pro with a scoped precision rifle.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:55:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSnowRider] [#6]
I have been using the 3M peltor safety shooting glasses, built for firearms use and designed to protect your eyes..they are extremely comfortable, anti fog and easy to take care of...and they are inexpensive..

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/Peltor-Sport-SecureFit-400-Glasses-Amber-Anti-Fog/?N=5002385+3293173755&rt=rud
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top