Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2020 1:32:44 PM EDT
Anyone have recommendations for a gunsmith that specializes in CZ rimfire rifles?
I have a 455 PT that I have tried a bunch of different ammo in, but still consistently gets out shot by my 10/22.
Just looking to get an accuracy tune up, whatever that may entail.
I know there was djdillion or something on rimfirecentral, but it sounds like he retired.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea,

My kidd barrelled and triggered 10/22 is much more accurate then my CZ455.

After stock, Trigger, and other modifications, it just comes down to the barrel.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stagepaint:
Anyone have recommendations for a gunsmith that specializes in CZ rimfire rifles?
I have a 455 PT that I have tried a bunch of different ammo in, but still consistently gets out shot by my 10/22.
Just looking to get an accuracy tune up, whatever that may entail.
I know there was djdillion or something on rimfirecentral, but it sounds like he retired.
View Quote

My Ruger custom shop 10/22 out shoots my 455 VPT by a bit.

I sent mine to djdillion several years ago and I was not happy with the results.

I do have a Lilja barrel on mine and it did help and it is a nice rifle but my 10/22 still out shoots it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:

My Ruger custom shop 10/22 out shoots my 455 VPT by a bit.

I sent mine to djdillion several years ago and I was not happy with the results.

I do have a Lilja barrel on mine and it did help and it is a nice rifle but my 10/22 still out shoots it.
View Quote

Hmm, interesting. I was debating the Lilja barrel, but have read some mixed reviews on those as well.
My 10/22 was worked over by Randy/CPC and definitely did not out shoot my CZ before the work being done.
What did you get done with your CZ?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stagepaint:

Hmm, interesting. I was debating the Lilja barrel, but have read some mixed reviews on those as well.
My 10/22 was worked over by Randy/CPC and definitely did not out shoot my CZ before the work being done.
What did you get done with your CZ?
View Quote

Copy paste from an email to him.

"Pillar bed, full length glass bed, bolt work, and action screws

Lilja straight .900" barrel in 22 LR

Rifle Basix trigger

Check ejection issue"

The bedding work was great, I am very happy with that.

He had a pretty good deal on the barrels at the time so I got it from him.

He installed a Rifle Basic trigger and I had some problems with it, mainly that the bolt would come all the way out about once per mag and the trigger was not what I expected.

I contacted the Rifle Basix owner (I believe he answered the phone) and he determined that it was an early version of the trigger and he sent me new and updated version for free that has worked great.

The ejection issue ended up being the extractor if I remember correctly and for some reason I ordered the parts and fixed it myself.

It is a nice gun and it is pretty accurate but my Custom Shop 10/22 is really awesome.

One big advantage of the bolt action is that suppressed it is much quieter than the 10/22.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My CZ 455 started off as a 20" Varmint model and then the barrel was shortened, threaded, and everything was melonited by Robert Snyder at RWS Gunsmithing.  I placed it in a Boyds Pro Varmint/Tacticool stock.

It shoots really well with SK standard.  Empty shotgun hulls at 100 yards live in fear, and I have shot 5 in a row on the .25" KYL target at 25 yards.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top