Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2022 8:03:22 PM EDT
So I ordered a Wiebad Modular Pump Pillow intending to use it to help brace myself in awkward positions.  But when it arrived, it's a lot smaller than I expected,  and there's the issue with needing to stuff it with something lightweight, but not very compressible.

Is the Cole Tac cuddle bag much bigger than the Pump Pillow?

If you already had a Pump Pillow is it worth it to get the cuddle bag too?  I do like the shoulder strap so it can be pre-positioned before the start of a stage.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Okay, it looks like the pump pillow is 7x9x11 so only an inch smaller in its longest dimension.  I'll probably stick with it.  Just need to figure out a cheap filler for it that is both lightweight and doesn't squeeze down much.  I bet ping pong balls wrapped inside a down jacket might make a good filler.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:14:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Try something like bean bag fill or similar. I wouldn't use anything as large as ping pong balls. Go to a an arts and craft store and look.

Are you looking to add fill or did it come empty? Never bought a bag that came empty.
View Quote

So they offer this pump pillow bag filled and empty.  Being cheap, I bought the empty version.  

I found a couple of $6 pillow inserts at Walmart this evening that have zipper closures so I think I can adjust the stuffing.  With just one pillow inside the bag, it's pretty compressible.  With 2, it's pretty tight.  I am going to try it like this at the next match and if need be, take some of the stuffing out.

Weibad sells filler insert bags for it for like $13-$15 apiece depending on where you buy them.  It holds up to 5 inserts, so it could cost as much as $75 for the full deal.  I should have bought the pre filled version, but then you don't get the ability to fine tune the stuffing.

I will just try the pillow stuffing for now and keep an eye out for a beanbag chair nobody wants.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, the two throw pillow inserts worked fine. I think I will stick with that for now.  They are lightweight, and already compressed a good bit inside the bag, so the bag still works well to add height to 2 gallon buckets, and it's rigid enough to fill gaps between my knee and elbow, etc.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:08:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Another good filler is Air Soft ammo, the little balls are light, water proof and work well for a squeeze rear bag...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top